sound systems and slowness...

Deleted member 36158

ok so i've had the leon for a couple of weeks now so decided to put my sub/amp and 6x9s into it but i'm defo feeling the car slower now which i dont want... what have you guys all got in ways of sound systems? anyone else feel it slows the car down? i mean its not major slowing but i have noticed it a wee bit which is annoying me now cos i'm enjoying being fast! lol :lol:

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
me thinks your just getting used to the car.

i bet if when your driving along and switch the system off the car doesnt go faster without touching the accellerator.

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
The minimal weight you've added to the car won't make a noticable difference to the performance, and neither will the extra power drain.

Fuel quality, air temerature and tyre pressure can all have an effect on performance though.

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
ok so i've had the leon for a couple of weeks now so decided to put my sub/amp and 6x9s into it but i'm defo feeling the car slower now which i dont want... what have you guys all got in ways of sound systems? anyone else feel it slows the car down? i mean its not major slowing but i have noticed it a wee bit which is annoying me now cos i'm enjoying being fast! lol :lol:

just put your right down a wee bit further.:lol:

Poverty

how many subs and amps.

My old install which I have just all sold weighed 72kgs for just the two subs and boxes alone.

But its just most likely your gettin used to the speed. Means its time to remap it.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
well i have , JL audio components in the front doors and dynamat sound proofing , pioneer double din dvd head unit , 2 amps in the boot , focal 11" sub in a box and 2 false mdf floors , i dont notice much difference in weight , its just like carrying a small passenger around , if you have noticed a difference in performance fitting 6 x 9's then i would imagine you have a problem somewhere else.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36158

its more the weight issue i was thinking tbh. but then again maybe i am just getting used to it! will have to start saving for a remap!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
It'll will only be about the same weight as having a small child in the car.. Shouldn't make too much difference, might just be the placebo effect! :)

I've just soundproofed my car to make my system sound better which has added a fair bit of weight but I haven't noticed any difference. It might be the warm weather too.. You car will prefer colder air so won't feel as responsive in the hot weather! :)

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Need to give me a wee swatch at how ur amps been fitted.

had a sub, amp and ipod pish sitting for over a year now and not done anyhing with it :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise