Wet floor

EDD1M

Hello
This is my first post, I did look through the posts for anything to do with wet floors, (I own a Mk2 Seat Leon TDI FR) and couldn't find a definitive answer to where the water leaks come from.

The driver's footwell in my car is soaking and I was wondering if anyone had had the problem repaired under warranty? The reason I ask is that I bought the car second hand from Horton SEAT in Lincoln and the warranty runs out in a week. I've never noticed it being wet until this weekend-I cleaned it yesterday and it has rained all night and it's even worse now. The car was in for the Piezo unit injector recall last Wednesday and I took it to JCTs in Wakefield. Is there any chance there could have been some damage done there?
Many thanks
Ed

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
Two common causes for wet footwells are blocked drain holes at the base of the windscreen near the wiper spindles and a leaking door seal.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
The best thing to do is take it back to the dealer you bought it from and get them to sort it.

If they had any thought for 'customer care' they sort it FOC

cuprar185

Feb 19, 2016
hi guys im having the same issue on a mk2 cupra tfsi the passanger floor is wet but not the back floor just yet want to resolve the issue before it gets any worse.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Hi and welcome to the forums mate.

Have you checked for blockages as described above? This would be the most likely cause. The other think to check would be that the rear wash wipe works. If it doesn't then it could be leaking somewhere. Most commonly in the boot, but worth checking anyway.

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
I've had this and had the whole footwell etc to bits and worked out what it is.

Its related the to rear washer, chances are that it still works but has low pressure and takes a minute to come through. The waters runs down the back of the dash each time the washer is operated and it split in the wheel area. Once I found this out I was told the dash would need to come out which I didn't fancy doing.

Anyway I've dried it out and just don't use the rear washer now which I know isn't really great but it means the cars not wet and full of condensation. I will get it sorted at some point just building up the courage to either pay for it or attempt myself (probably a stupid idea). Besides taking the dash out and sorting it the only other solution I could think of was removing the rear washer all together.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members