FL FR / Cupra / R LED Fog light / DRL project

andyccr

FR CR
Jul 19, 2002
Essex
Well sitting here bored at work today so I thought I'd crack on with the latest 'mod' to the Leon. My Depo replacement fogs arrived from my supplier yesterday for my latest test fitment for another set of front fog / LED / DRL experiments.

For those of you who didn't see the previous set of foglamps I did - I used a Mk5 Golf 'eyeball' fog lamp inner and put it together with the front casing from the FL FR / Cupra fog to make the front end look a little different to everyone elses !!

See an early fitment pic here .................
P1000668.jpg

P1000672.jpg

Well since then I've been supply customers with Land Rover Defender 'NAS' (North American Spec) LED rear light conversions. We have Fog, Side/Brake, Indicators and Reverse lamps, plus a side light too.

They are all approx 95mm diameter, fully emarked, fully waterproof and nice and slim fitment, and work on 9v to 33v.

The lamps are rated at 3 watts, and believe me when I say they are bright !!! They feature 17 bright LEDs, and each LED has its own proper separate reflector for maximum brightness !

Well I had an idea to use the reverse versions as either fogs or DRL (As the fogs can be programmed via Vagcom to become DRL like in the new Fabia / Volvo etc).

So the size is perfect to fit into the lense aperature of the Leon front casing.....

Pic of the front half of the Leon fog lens plus the LED assembly
fog1_amber.jpg

Pic of the LED lamp test fitted into the rear of the lens
fog2_amber.jpg

Pic of the LED lamp from slightly further back
fog4_amber.jpg

So, just off to make a test braket to hold the LED in, then when I'm happy I'll test fit it to make sure it all lights up properly.... If this works fine I'll order up some more reverse lamps (An export order just took the last 20 sets), and have a proper test fitment next week.

Let me know what you all think !

Andy

andyccr

FR CR
Jul 19, 2002
Essex
Tarek, the first two pictures are of the projector lenses - been running them for abour a year now with no problems ! Makes the car look a little bit more modern.

Rob - in theory this mod could be done to any of the Leon fogs, I do have access to replacement fogs but as I don't own one other than my own I'll have no real interest in building the others LOL :)

Shamx1166

Dec 20, 2014
Hey pal lovely work

Just wanted to know if you could get me part numbers for the fog lamps as mine have been knocked off my car. I manage to buy a set but they are off a pre facelift FR???

Any help would Be great

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Might have been a little more respectful to appreciate the fact that somoene used the search function rather than just name calling, especially to a new user to the forum.

So yeah. Well done :no:

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Might have been a little more respectful to appreciate the fact that somoene used the search function rather than just name calling, especially to a new user to the forum.

So yeah. Well done :no:

Agreed, better to reopen an old thread. I hadn't seen this before so am glad it was re-opened;)

Shamx1166

Dec 20, 2014
What can I say but simply pathetic.

Was a complementing comment song with a kind question.

Anyway shows who is a Mong so won't be using this site for any Qs what so ever

useless.

May be even ten yrs old but the complement or question wasn't for you YOU MONGY BONGY lol

Shamx1166

Dec 20, 2014
By far he way MATTCR & Daniel M grow some and buy a petrol you Mong didn't you realise Leon's are fast if it's a tsi with 400bhp ha u MONG

Diesels are for mongs

Lol

Shamx1166

Dec 20, 2014
MATTCR nice ride like the alloy and drop combo pal

I have come from 2009 A3 tdi black edition

Mainly because I see Audi all day everyday but love the look of Leon's mk2 fl has mean look

Nice work again no offence I'm jus messing pal

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise