Wheel Alignment Issues

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Ive just had my car aligned after getting it lowered on h&r springs and after having steering rack replaced. All the measurements are in green apart from fron right camber they say they cant get any better as the subframe is as far over as it will go and that I will need adjustable top mounts. Basically on a straight road the car drifts left so you have to keep the steering wheel to the right.

Here is my print out

20130218_155444.jpg

Anyone else having camber problems after lowering?
Can I move the steering wheel one spilne left?

Thanks

Peter

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
Moving the steering wheel isn't going to solve anything. If the car is pulling left surely ur tyres wont last long at all.

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Had a feeling moving the steering wheel wouldnt solve anything. The right tyre wont last long. with everything green apart from the camber surley that must be the problem. They say the subframe cannot be moved anymore but surley everyone else whos lowered their leons dont get this problem.

calvR

Oct 21, 2011
Kent
Had a feeling moving the steering wheel wouldnt solve anything. The right tyre wont last long. with everything green apart from the camber surley that must be the problem. They say the subframe cannot be moved anymore but surley everyone else whos lowered their leons dont get this problem.

No they certainly don't all have this Problem. Was the subframe aligned properly when the steering rack was fitted? Or did the same place do it all?

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Dont know really just know rack was fitted the subframe was off then put back on. Took it to a well known place to get hunter 4 wheel alignment they said they moved the subframe. Is there a special way of fitting the sub frame?

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Mines lowered on H&R springs aswell, and i had mine in at AKS recently too for SALK, lower engine mounts and alignment and mine was green across the board all except for one value too - can't recall which it was that was out (camber/castor!??) but mine has the slight mis-alignment too, but i was told by Alex who did it that it's so close to right that it won't make any difference!?

Would need to check my printout to be sure what it is that's out!

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
A mean is that camber out by much? Enough to make it driff left? It was miles out before but it drove more straight drifted a little right but it wasnt as bad tbh. Is the car set to the right spec: Seat 06 - Leon fr G63 (modified spec)? Would this make a difference?

Number12

Dec 22, 2011
Portugal
See your PR codes, and check if you have that G63 code there,

Mine is G51. Leon FR 2.0TDI CR DPF from july/2010 18"wheel

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Well I looked in the boot and on the sticker it has G63 so there the right settings. I cant see why the left camber is ok but the right is far out and cant be brought into spec. The car is quite bad at drifting left, that when going around a left bend the steering wheel is straight. I always have to keep it turned right is that one camber really that bad to make it drift this bad?

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
I'd get this looked at further - is something bent, has the car been slammed into a kerb or somet in the past!?

I know mine is ever so slightly out on one value - but the car tracks straight and true as it always has!??:confused:

Last edited:

KKG

Ive just had my car aligned after getting it lowered on h&r springs and after having steering rack replaced. All the measurements are in green apart from fron right camber they say they cant get any better as the subframe is as far over as it will go and that I will need adjustable top mounts. Basically on a straight road the car drifts left so you have to keep the steering wheel to the right.

Here is my print out

20130218_155444.jpg

Anyone else having camber problems after lowering?
Can I move the steering wheel one spilne left?

Thanks

Peter

Hi,

more than 1 degree difference is abnormal and will let the car drift a bit. Your tires will be ok with such camber but it should be not comfortable to drive.

having studied your alignment print I can assume that your mechanic was a lazy one or not skilled enough to shift the subframe properly. Looks like they shifted the subframe only to adjust the caster (along the car). To adjust your camber they are to shift the frame from right to left side. It is rather difficult for the mechanic to do it alone cause he has to use pinch-bar to shift the frame and hold it in position while the second person needed to screw the bolts.

The other scenario is if you had normal alignment just before springs interchange your HR's could be different height (maybe defective???!!) while installed that causing your camber difference. So try to measure your drop and if it is differs per side here is the answer.

In case if above points are ok you have some bent parts in your front suspension...

Regards

Kostya

PS did you replaced your top mounts together with the springs?

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
He moved the subframe but he says it is as far over as it will go. Ive changed most of the suspension top mounts bearings shock springs ball joints drop links. The drift is really bad might take the car back for another look.

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Well just been on phone to them they are saying the subframe is definatly shifted as far as it will go and said Ill need adjustable top mounts??? Dont think you can get them never heard people using adjustable top mounts with just lowering springs!! Thinking something maybe bent but it wasnt ever lyk this when I first bought it. This cars just costing ££££ looks like Ill have to find someone to have a second look at it.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Did you ever sort this problem? I'm having the same issues with the car drifting to the left and the steering wheel needing to be held to the right to get it to go in a straight line.

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Think it's the front wheel bearing on mine haven't got round to changing it everyone says am just being fussy lol there is no tyre wear aswell which is why am not in a rush to change it.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Well mine seems to be suffering excess tyre wear so theres something up. I didn't change my top mounts as I was told they were okay when I had my coil overs fitted. God knows what it is and how much it's going to cost to sort!

Danwheeler2k11

mellow yellow
Jun 3, 2011
I have this same problem exact same, front right wheel camber is out everythin else is ok, on h&r springs an all, did anyone find out whys it do this?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members