Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk2

Leon Mk2 For all topics relating to the Mk2 Leon

Old 17-02-2018, 19:14   #1
Clarky89

Clarky89 has 10 points
Tyres? Opinions?

Hi guys had some bad road noise recently so went to the garage and was told I need 4 new tyres and wheel alignment! Apparently the inners on the back are quite bad.

Any good reccomendations? Currently looking at Avon ZV7 as theyre rated as good as Goodyear/michelin equivilents on sites like blackcircles.

Cheers
Clarky89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 19:55   #2
lodge
lodge

lodge has 10 points
Goodyear’s for me. Tried everything else and they are what works best.

Each to their own...
Old 17-02-2018, 20:17   #3
G.P

G.P has 10 points
I doubt geometry aliment will fix the VAG trait of the problematic inner edge of the rear tyre wear, although I guess someone on here will of fixed it and also maintained the handling characteristics/balance of their car at the same time.

Unfortunately due to keeping tyres to long on the back of some VAG cars does result in bad road noise, no tyre will fix this after wear but some manufactures maybe better than others..
Old 18-02-2018, 01:06   #4
DavieTDI
Brain dead

DavieTDI has 10 points
Go on tyre review site and have a good look. What am using are great but what works for me might not work for someone else
DavieTDI is offline   Reply With Quote