AndrewJB

Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I still haven’t found much else out . I think I have a weird version that I couldn’t find files for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got my Cupra R and it's on the below yours the same?
e8511cd7af54ab9525edce0169bdd813.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I got a cd burnt like in the guide above but I get this screen for the update

Anyone know if this is OK?

c6b522d15f7cbb030870681843ea7fe9.jpg

Any help would be great

------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Driving - SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R 2010
Previous Car - SEAT Leon Mk2 FR 2007

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
I have taken the leap and dumped my built in sat nav. So far so good with a new 9 inch screen android that has the Can bus functionality. None of this madness where it does not accept post codes. To think I paid the stealer dealer £150 for an updated map thinking i would get post code functionality. what a waste. Could of purchased a new android unit for that. Looks and works well. I have a loose connection at the back so the sound quality is not great at the mo but i will sort. Just the cables from the speaker in the quadlock not in right. Aside from that it is the business. Google maps on board and the gps software it came with. most steering wheel functions are still there. Looks impressive even if i do say so.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have taken the leap and dumped my built in sat nav. So far so good with a new 9 inch screen android that has the Can bus functionality. None of this madness where it does not accept post codes. To think I paid the stealer dealer £150 for an updated map thinking i would get post code functionality. what a waste. Could of purchased a new android unit for that. Looks and works well. I have a loose connection at the back so the sound quality is not great at the mo but i will sort. Just the cables from the speaker in the quadlock not in right. Aside from that it is the business. Google maps on board and the gps software it came with. most steering wheel functions are still there. Looks impressive even if i do say so.
May I ask what you went for maybe a link?

I still have my RNS310 lol

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Driving - SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R 2010
Previous Car - SEAT Leon Mk2 FR 2007

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
.I went for a non branded Android 7 9 inch by erisincaraudio
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/132492992228
There are two Fakra leads. Both female. One does GPS. The other does dab. You can by adaptor extensions from Amazon for about£8. Because any new satnav will have the more modern gold screw on connector. I think they are called sma. Anyway here is a link Pack of 2 GPS Antenna Cable 15CM Fakra C Male to SMA Male for aftermarket radio Factory GPS Auto Car DVR Modul Tracking GPS Navigation GPS Receivers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F57QX12?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
I made the mistake of ordering DAB AERIAL when I could just use an adaptor to the existing dab connection. Much much better GPS. It comes with IGo GPS which I don't really like. Google maps really comes into its own on this set 'cause you get live updates and so you are guided through the quickest routes. Not to mention finally ridding yourself of the horrible non postcode lookup system; whose bright idea was that?

hamzah

May 28, 2018
Hello, Thanks a lot for the topic, it was so useful. i have upgrade my RNS310 to 0357 using the steps on the topic. However, The Phone bottom still mute the sound, also i do not have the Norwegian map!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hello, Thanks a lot for the topic, it was so useful. i have upgrade my RNS310 to 0357 using the steps on the topic. However, The Phone bottom still mute the sound, also i do not have the Norwegian map!
What firmware did you start with? Also I assume you had the Norwegian map previously...

Is everything like the sat nav voice working?

Cheers

hamzah

May 28, 2018
I have started with 0227
What firmware did you start with? Also I assume you had the Norwegian map previously...

Is everything like the sat nav voice working?

Cheers
i started with 0227. Actually i had no access to the Nav before this update. I have bought an SD card from E-bay for my RNS 310, however, it shows only white screen when i push the Nav bottom with no roads .
The other functions works perfectly. Voice, Medie, radio. But not the Phone
Thank you in advance

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have started with 0227

i started with 0227. Actually i had no access to the Nav before this update. I have bought an SD card from E-bay for my RNS 310, however, it shows only white screen when i push the Nav bottom with no roads .
The other functions works perfectly. Voice, Medie, radio. But not the Phone
Thank you in advance
If you hold down the setup button for 10 seconds and select versions what info do you get?

Did you run the first cd twice as mentioned in the first post?

Cheers

hamzah

May 28, 2018
If you hold down the setup button for 10 seconds and select versions what info do you get?

Did you run the first cd twice as mentioned in the first post?

Cheers
Yes i did run the first cd twice exactly just mentioned in the first post

Attachments

• 4841F2D3-85A4-4094-BEE2-598E3621FCE4.jpeg
    4841F2D3-85A4-4094-BEE2-598E3621FCE4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yes i did run the first cd twice exactly just mentioned in the first post
I assume you have the module for Bluetooth in your car (previously paired your phone to the car) A few people seem to have this issue with the phone button muting which ended up with a faulty BT module or that it's not coded in with VCDS.

Cheers

hamzah

May 28, 2018
I assume you have the module for Bluetooth in your car (previously paired your phone to the car) A few people seem to have this issue with the phone button muting which ended up with a faulty BT module or that it's not coded in with VCDS.

Cheers
Well, i have tried many times to pair my iphone with the cd-radio, however, it did not works. Nothing changes after the updating. Seems to be it is not fixable issue so far.

Thanks for your patience

adidraso

May 29, 2018
Hello.
I've done the fw update from 227 to 357 a while ago (a follow steps from page 1). A few days ago while was in my car with ignition switched off and the key in the ignition (off position) and RNS310 turned off I heard lthe noise like loading CD !!! Ups!! I don't have any cd in, I use an iPod connected to media-in.
What I discovered so far: if I remove the key the RNS310 stay still, no noise, no loading cd, no nothing. In the morning when I open the door (my car is in garage with doors unlocked) theRNS310 load CD (specific noise, not CD in unit).
Anyone ever met this problem? Do you think it's a serious problem or is it just a "weird thing"? I did not notice any other problems, the battery does not discharge, the RNS310 works perfectly (radio, music from CD, AUX, Media-In, bluetooth and telephone). Any help or suggestion is appereciated. Thank you.

PS: The RNS 310 (Part number:3C0035270B) is on VW Passat B6 2.0 TDI 16v -2010 (if it matters)

mannysimba

Apr 14, 2013
Would the latest version allow my android phone to work for music Bluetooth? One thing that has never worked! I have the OEM BT module already installed and working for making/receiving calls

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Would the latest version allow my android phone to work for music Bluetooth? One thing that has never worked! I have the OEM BT module already installed and working for making/receiving calls
I haven't managed to get music to play over Bluetooth as of yet but I didn't put much time into it as I use a cabled ipod.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.