Seat leon mk2 1p instrument cluster issue

Mo_1990

Hi sorry for the new thread...

Right this is a bit of a weird one guys, but the time on the instrument cluster (big display) doesn't show all the time e.g. If the times 2:15 I can only see 2:1 it's on the right hand side anyone got a fix for this thanks in advance guys will be looking forward to a solution

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Mine does this as well, I'm guessing you've got one of the newer head units (RNS 310/ 510) installed? It seems they aren't 100% compatible with pre-08 clusters so cause the 'clock shift' issue.

Picture here but the camera flash obstructs slightly:
null_zps10feca7f.jpg

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Thinking about it, if you're sure the car currently has its original head unit (non Nav?) it could be someone previously fitted a newer unit and has now removed it. If this is the case try unplugging your battery for a few minutes by removing the negative terminal and then re-connect. This will reset the clocks.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Isnt there a fix for this if the clock is displayed incorrect? Sure I have seen this rectified before?

Last edited:

djkill

The problem is in the cluster's software. You will need a cluster with number references with 847. 807 units have this problem. It cannot be solved with vag-com. At first I didnt' have a full fis cluster and when I did the research to not have this problem this is what I learnt.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
What head unit do you have? I'm currently trying to decide if I'm going to upgrade. The main concern for me is the steering wheel buttons not working (pre-fl cupra).

I've got the RNS 310, everything works brilliantly apart from the clock in the instrument cluster. Don't have a MFSW but I'd be surprised if you couldn't get it working with some VCDS wizardry.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
The problem is in the cluster's software. You will need a cluster with number references with 847. 807 units have this problem. It cannot be solved with vag-com. At first I didnt' have a full fis cluster and when I did the research to not have this problem this is what I learnt.

Its really strange as it makes no sense why only the Leon cluster is affected by this. The Golf Mk5 doesn't have the same problem when you introduce an RNS 310/ 510 to an older car. SEAT seem to be for some reason using a different font size for the compass and clock display which is too big for it all to fit.

With regards to part numbers I'm using 1P0 920 941. Someone else with the same car as me but the 1P0 920 947 doesn't have the problem.

Oh and for future reference here is a better photo showing the problem:
Capture.png

Last edited:

djkill

As I said before, the problem is in the cluster itself. I know it makes no sense but it is this way, and I can prove it because I tried both clusters on my car and the one with the 7 works. I must say this problem affects cars below 08, from then on the problem was solved. In my others forums we've been talking quite long about this and this is all the info I can give.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
As I said before, the problem is in the cluster itself. I know it makes no sense but it is this way, and I can prove it because I tried both clusters on my car and the one with the 7 works. I must say this problem affects cars below 08, from then on the problem was solved. In my others forums we've been talking quite long about this and this is all the info I can give.

Yes problem is in the cluster, but mines 08MY so it can still affect newer Leons.

Do you have any links to the other forums? Thanks :)

djkill

Well I dont know if it affects to newer Leons, my knowledge goes just this far :p. Yeah sure I can give you but they're in Spanish, if you don't mind send me a PM and Ill give'em ;)

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Well I dont know if it affects to newer Leons, my knowledge goes just this far :p. Yeah sure I can give you but they're in Spanish, if you don't mind send me a PM and Ill give'em ;)

It won't let me PM you, can you post the links on here? I'll use Google translate!

djkill

It doesn't let me to post the URL because I have less than 15 messages in this forum :( maybe you can try to see my email on the profile and send it through it

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
recalibration of speedo

Hi, I have an imported car and in the process of changing it to uk plate I have fell foul of the DVLA who have said that I need to change the speedo to show MPH instead of KPH. As any one ever done this on a Toledo 2.0 tdi 2007 the cluster fitted in my car part No 5P0920840AX and the one to show MPH is 5P0920923AX. Advice would be appreciated aggie

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi all!

I'm also looking for a cluster update.

I managed to find a fullFIS pre-facelift cluster, the part number is 1P0 920 840C.

Do any of you know if I'll have the clock issue? The part number is different form the ones mentioned above.
I've got a MY08 Leon. Can-gateway version P. RNS310 retrofit.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise