RCD510 with USB Support Review (Delphi Chinese Model)

JuanD

Well, last week the Delphi RCD arrived and today I could finally mount it. At first everything seemed to work fine, but a malfunction on the MDI and a bunch of errors on VCDS came up. The AUX and the USB ports (located in front of the hazard lights) weren't working at all and the radio wasn't accepting any tipe of recoding.

At last I decided to take the RCD of the Tiguan (Bosch) and put it in the León, working compeletly fine (USB+AUX+Bluetooth Streaming+SD Reader). Also Climatronic and Phone settings came up in the screen, making available on screen dialing, agenda and fast dial. The Delphi unit also worked fine on the Tiguan. No Quad-lock cable switching was required.

I don't know if my Delphi-RCD was just a faulty unit, but still I don't recommend to buy this one for Facelift Leon with USB and AUX center console mounted. The Bosch-RCD adds the premium bluetooth capabilities and also shows SEAT MEDIA SYSTEM on start up (The Chinese one doesn't) for a couple more pounds, but still not as expensive as RNS510 headunit.

PS: Seriously, the premium bluetooth capabilities were just an awesome surprise.

Best regards for everyone, and gladly I'll help everyone who are looking for a HU upgrade. Also looking forward to post a couple of pictures.

SkyNet

Jun 27, 2015
Opening up this thread since I also got a Chinese Delphi RCD510.
After installation - was kinda flawless although I needed to rip off some plastic in my Leon Facelift MY2010 - the USB does not work.:whistle:
Has anyone managed to make it work? Would the USB interface not be in the quadlock? Would I need to modify the quadlock somehow?

Thanks!

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
I think the above has answered my question...

I've been toying with the idea of getting a DELPHI RCD510 for my FL Mk2, and was wondering if my original USB and AUX ports would still work as well as the steering controls...

Above the answer seems to be that the USB/AUX don't work... and that just won't do! lol.

Has anybody else managed to get the USB/AUX to work with a DELPHI unit?

Thanks!

SkyNet

Jun 27, 2015
Let's hope someone actually managed to make it work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Let's hope someone actually managed to make it work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to that.

From what I can see, the DELPHI one doesn't (though I'd love for someone to prove me wrong because it's a must for the existing ports to work with whatever head unit I get).

The original VAG RCD510 and RCD510DAB should work fine with the ports (but unless I find a steal, I won't be buying an original one).

Short of this I might end up going for the RCD310 which is the non-touch DAB unit that they put in the new polos etc...

We shall see!:confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.