Advice wanted on 2008 leon k1 keeps throwing throttle body fault

Jan 3, 2014
It's cool. That's what they thought mine was. But it turned out it wasn't. Then they charged me £350 for it. But checked my wiring tho. They then said the throttle body was the fault. So changed that myself. Now that they still come on I think it's to do with the wheel speed sensor. But mine goes off after about 1hour rest. Hopefully it's nothing serious as I want to start tuning.

Tried PMing you mate

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues, I'm a bit reluctant to try out things with the hope it fixes it as it's costing me money already down 300 for the throttle body which it didn't need lol
Not got a pm yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 3, 2014
I didn't buy a brand new one. Screw that. I bought a 2nd one from eBay and fitted that. Came with 3 month warranty. So not to bad. Only paid £35 lol.

It wouldn't let me send it lol.

Send me and email if you want?
[email protected]

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
The guy I bought it off put a second hand one in off eBay cos he had these problems but failed to tell me when I bought it but hey ho it's now got a new throttle body lol, don't think it will send as I'm a newbie :)

Jan 3, 2014
I'm thinking of trying the spark plugs when I'm paid. Not even sure what kind I have in lol.

That's could be why it won't let you receive haha

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
Mine can't be spark plugs as had brand new Bosch ones fitted last week with it's service, really banging my head against the wall with it, so many things that seem to be expensive. Are you on Facebook

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
It's a black and white picture with long hair lol

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Yes, my throttle body packed in. I could drive really gently to prevent limp mode cutting in but sometime it was unavoidable.

Alex at AKS tuning fitted me a new throttle body and it has been perfect since. Several people have tried used TBs, to have the problem return straight away.

Jan 3, 2014
Cheers. So a new one is the only solution? I put a used one on and it only puts it into limp mode when I accelerate in 6th gear lol. And sometimes 3rd from a crawl

mnmraine

Jun 16, 2014
What's the difference with a revision Q one as I had a brand new Siemens throttle body fitted and I'm still having the problem, it was fine for 1 day then all the vaults came up