Blower - Fault Log VCDS

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
Hi,

My blower has once again stopped working, it heats up fine but there is no air being circulated. You can hear the flaps opening and shutting but thats about it. The fuses are fine, However the air recirculation button does not work? Could this be a fault with the climate control unit or is it more likely to be the blower?

Ive had it out and cleaned the connectors and the springs seem ok, not sure on brushes as its all new to me. It did partially work last week, but it sounded like the fan speed was all over the place and seemed to have a mind of its own.

Below is the fault codes that showed up when plugged into the computer. Managed to clear the bottom one (01314) however 01273 stayed on and would not go away.

My question is, would be buying a brand new blower solve this or am i wasting money as the fault could well be else where?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 1K0-907-044.lbl
Part No: 1P0 907 044 D
Component: ClimatronicPQ35 011 0702
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
VCID: 2D5119D6B4A48749F4D-8078

2 Faults Found:
01273 - Fresh Air Blower (V2)
010 - Open or Short to Plus
01314 - Engine Control Module
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for that, so it tells me this

01273 - Fresh Air Blower (V2)

Possible Causes
Fresh Air Blower (V2) defective
Control Module for Fresh Air Blower (J126) defective
Short of open circuit in wiring to Fresh Air Blower (V2)
Climatronic Control Module (J255) malfunctioning
Possible Solutions
Check Fresh Air Blower (V2)
Perform Output Test (Check Air Vents while Blower is active)
Check Meas. Blocks while Blower is active
Check Control Module for Fresh Air Blower (J126)
Perform Output Test (Check Air Vents while Blower is active)
Check wiring and connectors

What would be the easiest thing to check first do you think? the wires?

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
Could come back to life if you strip, clean and lubricate the motor.

Do a search, it's a common fault.

I've had the issue before but never ever had any fault codes or scans done, just took previous advice to clean contacts etc and squirt some wd40 in the motor, didnt do much so in the end bought a used one off ebay which has lasted just over a year now.

I doubt i have the relevant tools to strip it and fit new brushes, what would i need?

I am toying with the idea of buying a new blower off ebay for £96 and hoping that works :funk:

Would you know why when the blower does not work, all buttons on climate unit do apart from air recirculation? car heats up as normal, just no suck n spin:whistle:

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
So, an electrician at work has tested the blower and be said it spins up fine and is quiet. However he is not sure if its the resistor and does not know how to test as he said he doesn't know which prong is which as does not want to guess incase he blows the board.

There is a repair service on eBay for resistors and money back if it does not work, now deciding whether to do this or not.

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
Little update on this, went to a local scrap yard and they had a blower with resistor so i asked if i could try it first and they said yes, so i tried it and nothing happened so that eliminated that.

I then do some searching on here and seen someone suggest a loose connection and bend the fuse prongs slightly with pliers, so as i was taking the fuse out it come out sooo easy, i bent the prongs and put it back in, it was or seemed a more snug fit when i put it back in.

I fired the car up and guess what...... blower fired up and works fine on all speeds :) happy days!!

JoeF

May 13, 2007
Bolton
Indeed, lesson to us all is to explore every avenue and try everything before taking it to a dealer or assuming an auto electrician is needed which I did at one point today.

Instead I've saved myself some money.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.