EVAP Delete DIY

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
I've been searching for a way to get rid of the ugly charcoal canister in the engine bay without getting a MIL. Basically two hoses will connect to the charcoal canister, one comes from the fuel tank and the other goes to the vacuum side of the manifold.
The ECU will occasionally open a valve (N80 valve) and vacuum the fuel tank empty of gas fumes. The intention is to burn the fumes instead of venting, environment regulations...

Material you need will not cost more then 10€. You need a small universal fuel filter (google it and you will find pictures of it), hose clamps and some heat-resistant hose (fuel hose will suite perfect for this)

I take no responsibility of any damage caused due to the DIY described in this thread. If you do not understand the terminology of this thread or what/where/how the EVAP works I advise you to not proceed with this modification.
Doing this mod could cause you to fail at MOT as you will not be compliant with the vehicle environment regulations!

- Unplug and Remove the charcoal canister
- Extend and route hose from fuel tank to the wheel arch liner or bottom of car
- Plug in and secure universal fuel filter to manifold line

No MIL or error codes!
Add some black paint and a gasket on the fuel filter to support the DV hose if engine cover is not used.

Alternatively you can just plug the manifold line but then you will get a MIL.
There is an oxygen sensor that will monitor if the system is working or not. If the hose is plugged and the air is not sucked from the fuel tank at manifold vacuum the oxygen sensor will not register correct values and initiate the MIL.

11011267_589581734517192_3548482729609835819_o.jpg

11717573_589581824517183_6239688791868179792_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KCRTCupra

cupra301bhp

Jul 28, 2015
Being ️looking looking for a way this problem my Cupra has been throwing up the code for evap low vaccume level reached after
A stage 1 remap a few weeks a go . I'm in a dilemma to replace it or EVAP delete DIY any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
I'm not sure if it will fix your root cause to the problem. It could be a faulty N80 sensor or perhaps something blocking the hose from the fuel tank. Ensure nothing is blocking the hose from the fuel tank.

Kyle.j1

Oct 3, 2014
That's a very tidy way to sort this problem, Ive removed the canister but would like to remove more include the n80 valve if this is possible

20vturbocupra

Mar 25, 2012
Does anyone know if i just by pass the charcoal canister by joining the in and the out hoses together so its still getting burned /no leaks i will get a code? will it recognise a high flow rate? just want to make room and tidy things up a bit for catch tank thanks!

Thompa93

Apr 14, 2014
Prudhoe
Im guessing the universal fuel filter has to be an enclosed filter and not an in-line filter? have you got a link to the one you used?

cruics

Apr 3, 2015
Hey guys, im just wondering if you can remove the carbon canister and pipe from the fuel tank into my catch can setup?
I have the hockey puck on my catch can setup so it wouldnt constantly be pulling excess gases from the tank.
Tia

ValeriCUPR

Dec 28, 2017
2.0 TSI Cup R EVAP delete

Hello from Bulgaria guys ,
I have Mk2 facelift Cup R ,and im now going to delete every single valve that is possible.
So i got a PCV delete kit and it looks easy to install.
Also the Manifold flap delete kit.
Now... the EVAP sh*t thing is looking hard to do for me.
Is it just removing all the hoses and putting one resistor to the N80 harness or there is some more stuff to do. As i take a look around the engine bay there are 2 big hoses going in and out the valve , one is going to the inlet of the turbo(right befor the filter) and other is going under the cil head.
Can i do it the same way as you ?

Thank you !

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Dear Bulgarian, leave the N80 valve be, just be sure to filter the air that goes into it. Or ask your tuner to map it away and remove it completely.

ValeriCUPR

Dec 28, 2017
Hello all,

Sorry for the dumb question.. The ticking thing is the N80 as i understand :rofl:, so can it be deleted and just leave the vane coming from the tank that is used for ventilation ?:wtf:
Is the N80 some kind of a pump-valve that helps vapors go to the inlet?
I just want to first understand the system then delete it :D
Can we replace the canister with an universal filter ?
I know there is a canister that cleans vapors from the tank.. but thats all.
Mapping will not be a problem.

Thank you !

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
I thought I had described it well in my first post. The charcoal canister is simply a filter used for fuel fumes so they are redirected to the engine and burned. The N80 is a valve with a oxygen sensor in it that monitors that the air is flowing.

- Unplug and Remove the charcoal canister
- Extend and route hose from fuel tank to the wheel arch liner or bottom of car, do not plug
- Plug in and secure a universal air filter to the manifold line going to the N80 and simply filter the air so the system still can operate

ValeriCUPR

Dec 28, 2017
I get it :d

I finally got it , i was mistaking the DV and the N80... shame on me !
Deleting the canister is making the valve stop working as i understand ?
Thank you again its a bit hard to understand the structure of the EVAP , why should i place a filter when we reroute the hose out of the car ?(i guess im missing a part of the system in mind)

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Let's try once more.

The canister has two hoses going into it, one comes from the fuel tank and the other goes to N80.
You remove the canister and route the hose coming from the fuel tank to the wheel arch or similar, do not block it as the fuel tank needs to breath.
The hose that goes from the canister onward leads to the N80 valve, as you remove the charcoal canister that works as a filter you need to replace it with another filter of some sort as otherwise the engine will suck dirty air. You can use a small fuel filter for this as I did, it's smaller and can be hidden.

Razbirach li me sega? :)