Inlet Valve Carbon Clean/Decoke

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Any idea of cost, I have been thinking about trying to get mine cleaned, but have limited funds to throw at it. Would be good to have an idea of the cost of this service and some walnut blasting services so I can weigh them up.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Any idea of cost, I have been thinking about trying to get mine cleaned, but have limited funds to throw at it. Would be good to have an idea of the cost of this service and some walnut blasting services so I can weigh them up.

Having mine done at Dynodaze in Hinckley as well as other bits

But for valve clean and fit rfd think he charges £200 buddy

Dorny

Feb 23, 2015
If you have a spare 6-8 hours and use the guide that is on this forum, wire brushes and some carb cleaner it can be done. Its pretty straight forward, it just takes time.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
That's a pretty good deal. The rfd ain't cheap and saves you getting hand cramps lol

That's the price with supplying your own runner flap delete kit.

I've got the creation Motorsports one and its spot on cost £85 you can get it off eBay dude.

Item number: 252119701043

Didn't see the point in paying silly money for the APR kit ;)

Last edited:
That's the price with supplying your own runner flap delete kit.

I've got the creation Motorsports one and its spot on cost £85 you can get it off eBay dude.

Item number: 252119701043

Didn't see the point in paying silly money for the APR kit ;)
agree with this, the APR one is nice mind. Made lovely. Done some on Golf R's too but agree with just going for the cheaper option

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
any downsides to the RFD? is it worth doing on a KO3?

Only down side would be rough idle on cold starts as the flaps are used to help when the engine is cold but that will only be for a minute or so

.Also you might get a management light on however if you get it custom mapped afterwards the eml light and running cold issue can be mapped out :)

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Only down side would be rough idle on cold starts as the flaps are used to help when the engine is cold but that will only be for a minute or so

.Also you might get a management light on however if you get it custom mapped afterwards the eml light and running cold issue can be mapped out :)

I read somewhere it can cause loss of throttle response low down? I'd of thought it would increase both due to better airflow?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I read somewhere it can cause loss of throttle response low down? I'd of thought it would increase both due to better airflow?

No mate won't make it worse at all like you say will flow much better.Just by removing them alone it will gain a max of 10bhp then if you are doing an inlet clean at the same time it will run even better.

On the 2.0 tfsi another added bonus is it will burble more on over run and potentially the odd pop/bang dependent on fuelling and exhaust system.

Flaps :clown: fnah fnah ..... mucky flaps :p

Haha you can't beat mucky flaps Mr Ninja :rofl:

kyleb123

Mar 12, 2014
Already got the silencer delete with 3" decat downpipe lol hopefully will get a few spit of flames with this kit fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk