Nightmare problem pd170 bmn.

mrpostie

Jun 26, 2015
Hi everyone I'm hoping I can be pointed in the right direction.
13weeks ago yes that does say 13 weeks the rac had to tow me to a garage were my pride and joy is still sat.
Reason for this is, on my way back from the local maccy d's pottering about at 50 all of a sudden my car cuts out no warnings nothing. I thought cam belt which when I pulled over was quickly eliminated. So Mr rac turned up and plugged her in, he managed to get some codes but he's reader said unknown????. So towed to garage...
My mechanic was adamant it was the oil pump balance shaft... I said no please plug it in as I thought injectors or loom. He went ahead changed oil pump which ISN'T balance shaft. Then he said tandem pump to which I said INJECTORS so tandem pump later and cam shift sensor he plugs her in. The codes he retrieved are p1267 P1270 p1261 p1264 p1269 and p1260.
Now after doing my research (12weeks of) I bought a new injector loom from tps and said try it as I can't see all 4 injectors going at once. So we / I tried the loom and still nothing. This is were I'm at,,, still hoping that it just can't be all 4 injectors. So here I am trying to see if anyone has come across this and has any advice. I would really appreciate it as driving my sisters kia at the mo and getting extremely depressed..... Thanks in advance ian

b8er1234

Aug 29, 2012
Kent
I had a similar issue whereby doing about 20mph and car cut out. No erros or warnings. However about a month or 2 before that i received a letter from Seat how this engine had a recall on the injectors. I called seat and all sorted no more issues. Im 99% sure yours are the injectors and if so if they have not been replaced under the recall get on the phone to seat!

mrpostie

Jun 26, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I took your advice and contacted seat uk. They took my reg, and apparently there isn't any pending or past recalls on it.
So I sent a message with the part number etc and I'm currently awaiting a phone call from a customer relations manager. So fingers crossed

b8er1234

Aug 29, 2012
Kent
Hmmm. Theres a huge known recall around the injectors of the pd170.just googling it will bring back results. Mine was a 56 plate. Whats yours?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

mrpostie

Jun 26, 2015
Mines a 2008 can't fault the car at all really besides the dpf and this current issue it's been spot on. Iv seen all the reports on Google and iv seen the prices of the injectors. My issue with seat is how can there be recall on these injectors 03g130073m which are highlighted in it yet my car hasn't flagged up past or present.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
It's not a recall as such. It's a service action / campaign so it won't show up against recalls.

Ask them to check your vehicle against service campaign 23H9. That's the code for the PD injector replacement. If your car has been done already then there should be a sticker on the boot floor under the carpet with that code on it.

cunningham85

Feb 3, 2015
Lochore Fife
Ive an 08 leon PD170 I have a SEAT headed letter from them to the previous owner telling him that the loom and injectors had been replaced.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.