Turbos on a naturally aspirated engine?

TwitchyMitch

Dec 27, 2017
Hi guys. Just made an account after browsing on her over the past couple months and always wondered is it at any point a good idea to turbo a naturally aspirated engine. Currently driving a Seat leon mk2 1.6 stylance which has no turbo at all. Have had a custom exhaust built from the cat thats gave it a little umph but i want moreeeeee! haha. so is it possible to do? smart to do or am i gunna blow my engine up the first time i put my foot down. Also. is threre any other mods i could do to push it? Cheers in advance!

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
The amount of money involved in turbo charging your 1.6 is pointless. Trust me just save your pennies and buy a cupra or even an fr. It would be cheaper to sell yours and buy one of them.

Last edited:

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Hi guys. Just made an account after browsing on her over the past couple months and always wondered is it at any point a good idea to turbo a naturally aspirated engine. Currently driving a Seat leon mk2 1.6 stylance which has no turbo at all. Have had a custom exhaust built from the cat thats gave it a little umph but i want moreeeeee! haha. so is it possible to do? smart to do or am i gunna blow my engine up the first time i put my foot down. Also. is threre any other mods i could do to push it? Cheers in advance!

Generic answer to the question that's been asked 1,000,000 times, just save up and buy a better car in the future. Also yes its a very good idea to turbo an N/A engine. :)

Attempting to turbo your car will probably cost 2x what the car cost.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise