Diesel fumes inside car when cold??

Tditony

Nov 13, 2017
Hi all, as the title suggests, im getting diesel fumes coming in to car first thing in the morning mainly after ive started the engine. Ive changed the pollen filter and it was well dirty and seemed to sort it out , but it has come back. Has anyone come across this before?
Thanks
P.s my car is a 2.0tdi cr leon fr+

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
I do get this occasionally also from cold on my 1.6tdi also find the same smell but much more pronounced at idle when it's doing a regen.

I think when the temperature is below a certain level the car seems to raise the revs up to round 1000 for a while similar to when regen is running - this is when I notice it - possibly a way for the engine to warm up quicker?

Uselesshippy

Apr 28, 2016
Hi all, as the title suggests, im getting diesel fumes coming in to car first thing in the morning mainly after ive started the engine. Ive changed the pollen filter and it was well dirty and seemed to sort it out , but it has come back. Has anyone come across this before?
Thanks
P.s my car is a 2.0tdi cr leon fr+
I get the same I'm fairly sure it's the Ecu injecting extra fuel into the exhaust system to heat the dpf to get it up to temp. It's a pain I know never had it in anything else.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.