Rust Warranty Repair?

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Anybody had any issues getting there’s done under warranty. I’ve just been to Duff Morgan in Norwich and been told it most likely not covered because it’s not had a ‘corrosion check service’ since I’ve owned it. Seems a load of bull crap to me as it’s not something I’ve ever been offered or made aware of since owning vehicle (3 years).

Poor attitude and service makes me think I might place an order on a Golf R instead of giving my money to Seat in future if they’re gonna be like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I need to run mine to the dealers in the new year as there is bubbling under the paint along the entire length of the roof on the drivers side. No surface damage, so it should be covered on the anti-perforation warranty.

Not sure what a "corrosion check service" is, it certainly isn't mentioned in the owners manual.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
I need to run mine to the dealers in the new year as there is bubbling under the paint along the entire length of the roof on the drivers side. No surface damage, so it should be covered on the anti-perforation warranty.

Not sure what a "corrosion check service" is, it certainly isn't mentioned in the owners manual.

Exactly bud all it says is 12 year rust warranty. I’ll be going to SEAT UK if I don’t have any luck with service manager on Tuesday

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
I got laughed at when I questioned it. So will ordering some soon and will get them sorted in the next month or so. The service from SEAT is p**s poor where this is concerned. My wings current state as you can see below is horrific and the other side is bad on the arch.
f910478e99607bc475a8436f127e7ed8.jpg

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
Yea it’s poor service from SEAT if this is the case. My mate had an A3 3.2 V6 which about 10 years old and Audi did it with out arguing, even when it came out with poor paintwork twice they took it back to rectify.

My wings aren’t as bad but want to stop it early.

db3d4641778fd2be99c24b5cab53f3e8.jpg

6e010dcda149428a504319b3256d633e.jpg

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
I had my nearside front wing replaced under warranty in 2016, when I first contacted SEAT about the rust they said I had to have the car inspected at an approved repairer, their opinion was the blistering at the bottom of the wing was from a stone chip! I disagreed with this and told SEAT I wanted an independent inspection, surprisingly SEAT agreed, they even said they would pay for it whatever the result.

I sent pictures to the inspection company of the inside and outside of the wing, the inspector when he arrived a week later took one look and said immediately that it wasn't caused by a stone chip and it was penetrating rust from the inside before he'd even started the actual inspection process. SEAT accepted the report and the wing was replaced under warranty, the car was 10 years old.

Don't let a dealer or approved repairer fob you off with stone chip nonsense, or that the wing has been replaced previously, demand an independent inspection and mention the forum and others who have had their wings with the same rust replaced under warranty.

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
I had a wing replaced on my 2006 by dealers this year. Initially they said it wasn’t covered but then they agreed to cover 50% of the cost which I felt was fair.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.