Company Cruiser

THE BIG GAS MAN

Jan 2, 2006
BEITH
I recieved my new leon tdi sport just over 2 weeks ago as my new company cruiser. Done just under 2000miles and lovin it. I am gettin about 44mpg and not really hanging about so I am well happy as I believe as the engine loosens up it will get better. Great for blasting about the B and A roads of the South West coast of Scotland. :p Got the car for 3 years or till it reaches 80000miles then plan to buy it for the wife as she loves it. Had a Golf 1.8T gti before and would say that it is a much better car. Suspension can be a bit harsh especially on the concrete section of the M74 but on the twisty roads round our way it is the dogs nuts.

GSP

Ah another fellow company cruiser!

Well I am changing jobs and looking for a company car, decided on the 2.0 TDI Sport even though I have to contribute to it as a trade up!

How are you finding the motorway driving? Especially the suspension as it has 17s and a sport setup. What about the power? I was undecided about wether to go for the 1.9TDI or the 2.0 TDI as the 1.9 TDI fell within my allowance.

Oh and what colour did you go for in the end?

THE BIG GAS MAN

Jan 2, 2006
BEITH
GSP said:
Ah another fellow company cruiser!

Well I am changing jobs and looking for a company car, decided on the 2.0 TDI Sport even though I have to contribute to it as a trade up!

How are you finding the motorway driving? Especially the suspension as it has 17s and a sport setup. What about the power? I was undecided about wether to go for the 1.9TDI or the 2.0 TDI as the 1.9 TDI fell within my allowance.

Oh and what colour did you go for in the end?

Hi the I got the 2.0tdi and pay £30 a month for it I could have had the sport ref for nil but wanted some extra toys and bigger wheels. The car is excellent on the motorway with pick up in the top gears really quick. Found myself well over the speed limit a few times already so the snooper stays on all the time. On rough surfaces I have found my fillings sitting on my lap, but love the car :D

I got the black car as I thought it looked the best with the tinted out rear windows, it is a bit of a bugger to keep clean when you do around 800miles a week though.

Overall I have nothing to complain about as far as the car is concerned. Mondays are now something to look forward to as I get to drive a great car and get paid for it [B)]

GSP

Only £30 a month! Is that including the tax contribution? YOu lucky :censored: ;)

For me it is £117, I could of had a Fiat Stilo for free but if I am doing so many miles a week I am going to make sure it is something I like! Also the sports seats did it for me!!! What you think of them?

I was going to go for the Stylance but then wanted the Sport Pack, I then thought of the Reference Sport but it did not have Cruise Control or Climate, so though sod, also the stylance is nto available in the 2.0 otherwise that would of been my choice with the sport pack on top.

THE BIG GAS MAN

Jan 2, 2006
BEITH
GSP said:
Only £30 a month! Is that including the tax contribution? YOu lucky :censored: ;)

For me it is £117, I could of had a Fiat Stilo for free but if I am doing so many miles a week I am going to make sure it is something I like! Also the sports seats did it for me!!! What you think of them?

I was going to go for the Stylance but then wanted the Sport Pack, I then thought of the Reference Sport but it did not have Cruise Control or Climate, so though sod, also the stylance is nto available in the 2.0 otherwise that would of been my choice with the sport pack on top.

Nope total is £93 a month inc tax.

Seats are excellent. I thought the same as you why have a base when you could have the top of the range, especially if you are going to spend so much of your time sat in it. Used to get a sore leg in my Golf on long jouneys but not with the Leon :D

My brother is thinking of getting rid of his Civic Type R to buy a new Cupra or FR when they are released, all this after driving my Leon. Says the handling is on a par with his car.

Colin.

GSP

Aye, we might cross each others paths on the motorway some day! :D

How long did it take for your car to be delivered?

I think the Cupra is at least 8 months away in terms of getting the car to ones door, I have just been looking at the JE Design bodykit, and oooh I aint half tempted, but then I remember it is a copany car and cannto do any mods!! Otherwise 19s would of been on and the kit ordered!!!

Sorry I had a modified focus which was black and sutle, old habits die hard! :redface:

scoobysnax

Apr 29, 2003
Macclesfield
Visit site
I have just completed a week long test drive of a 2.0TFSI Cheshire to Newcastle and back, and around the country lanes last weekend. I currently have an 02 LC so thought I'd drop my thoughts....

I liked....
Acceleration.... zoooom, zooom, zooom,
The folding wing mirrors,
Cruise control
Sports seats
The looks of interest from other drivers

I didnt like
The Sports suspension - waaay too hard for a family
The cheap plastic of the doors and cup holder/handbrake area
Silver/blue around the central console... it's out of sync with the rest of the black/red interior
The small entrance to the boot - the old Leon had a small opening, this is tiny!
The angle of the CD display... you can't see the display properly if you dont have long arms like me.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
scoobysnax said:
I have just completed a week long test drive of a 2.0TFSI Cheshire to Newcastle and back, and around the country lanes last weekend. I currently have an 02 LC so thought I'd drop my thoughts....

I liked....
Cruise control
Sports seats

I didnt like
Silver/blue around the central console... it's out of sync with the rest of the black/red interior
The small entrance to the boot - the old Leon had a small opening, this is tiny!
The angle of the CD display... you can't see the display properly if you dont have long arms like me.

How did you manage to get a test drive for a week then?

In your opinion is the tfsi better, worse or about the same as the cupra.....im waiting to see what the new FR and cupras are like before deciding on a new car

scoobysnax

Apr 29, 2003
Macclesfield
Visit site
Corporate leasing type of test drive.... not a poxy 1hr tootle around town.
The TFSI is **certainly** quicker off the mark than my Cupra 03.. I too easily can get the nice traction control symbol flashing as I pull out ;-)
the clutch is light as a feather but the speakers/radio has crap sound

THE BIG GAS MAN

Jan 2, 2006
BEITH
scoobysnax said:
Corporate leasing type of test drive.... not a poxy 1hr tootle around town.
The TFSI is **certainly** quicker off the mark than my Cupra 03.. I too easily can get the nice traction control symbol flashing as I pull out ;-)
the clutch is light as a feather but the speakers/radio has crap sound

Have to agree with you on the speakers, utter sh***. Turn up the volume and they rattle.

On the traction light I,ve grown used to it flashing now, especially comong out of roundabouts.

Have done 5000m in 7 weeks now and still lovin it:D

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
scoobysnax said:

I liked....
Cruise control
Sports seats

I didnt like

lol some of the platic used is actually shocking for 2006 , i cant believe they do this when there is so much competition.

id love a tdi dsg but dont know if if can put up with rattles and crap dealer service anymore

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members