Spy Shots of what they say is the New Cupra

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Ruddmeister said:
The article says the reg 'DTM' is significant :shrug: , not sure how long that kits been out in Europe....

DTM is a coincidence I'd say. The plate is Spanish though, but I subscribe more to the "bloke on holiday" theory than the "cupra winter testing" theory.

Would have thought the cupra kit would be slightly different to the Autosport "aero kit". Similar but not the same.

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Ruddmeister said:
OK thanks for clearing that up

:confused: Why the sarcasm?

It's all speculation. I just thought that the letters DTM on a Spanish plate seemed more likely to be a coincidence than anything else. Solely my opinion, not having a go in any way.

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
Hmmm, nah sorry I'm not liking the front end at the moment - a lookalikey sprang to mind the second I saw it...

The New LCR
whale20shark.jpg

The Whale Shark - Rhincodon typus
newleonkit.jpg

warren_cox

Back from the dead
The Pug's look like the whale shark too.

Spanish plates have no reference to anything. Based on a system where they are purely registered according to a sequence from date of registration. Numbers are arbitrary. Changed from a regional system 3 or so years ago.

I'm none too impressed by this car. Stinks of FR to me. Given the new crop of hatches if this was due to be SEAT's offering they'd do well to liaise with the designers of the RS4 (if SEAT are now under Audi's wing for support), and start making a flagship car that looks capable of vacuuming up anything that gets in the way and spitting it out the back.

Quad exhausts, 19" alloys, splitters that have aerodynamic ability not just visual effect, speed controlled adjustable rear spoilers, R32 style seats, no spare wheel - just repair kit, wider track, aluminium bonnet and door skins, boost gauges, oil temp and pressure gauges, fully switchable electronic stability device with 'race mode enabled buttons', flared arches......... All for £19k..... OK so I'm dreaming, but if they could just push the envelope and make the new Cupra at least as interesting as the LCR was the first time you set eyes on one.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
too clean to have driven from spain, but most of the aero kit is fitted

It looks too tidy for a mule

also too public for winter testing.

it is just the aero kit isn't it?..

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Is there any way of tracing the registration plate to see who it's registered to? It could be registered to Seat.

I know you can trace plates easily enough in the UK, but I don't know about other countries.

Chris

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
I would guess its the FR if it was anything, silly blingy wing mirrors and all (apologies if you chaps have them :D ) The front does look a bit odd, maybe just the camera angle I don't rememebr it look so weired at autosport.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Rampage said:
Is there any way of tracing the registration plate to see who it's registered to? It could be registered to Seat.

I know you can trace plates easily enough in the UK, but I don't know about other countries.

Chris

please enlighten me

TallFella

Hello Tom, come down Tom
Nov 6, 2003
Bedfordshiria
Visit site
I will have to replace my LC fairly soon, and have been toying with the idea of a used 5 series BM - 535, or 540. Having seen this though, I reckon I'm back on track to have words with Seat and find out if they can delay my finance until the new Cupra is launched.

5 series is an appealing option, but new Cupra would be exactly that, "new". No MOT worries, lower service/running costs, indicators that work....

I'm watching this space...

Pagnobito

No more LCR
Sep 24, 2002
Almost Maidstone
Visit site
I cant see anything on that car that you can't by as an accessory, the only difference being the lower part of the rear bumper painted, whereas on the kit it is grey plastic. Chrome bits, interior styling can be bought off the shelf. So indeed unless someone can prove the number plate it seems to be an ordinary one with the cosmetic bits added. I personally think the standard brakes give it away.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Has to be a bloke on holiday with the aero kit. If you look at the factory spy shots of the FR you can see it looks more agressive than this IMHO. The actual bodywork arches are much more flared on it. As said before - all of the stuff in the above pics is available as an option.

Still, I was excited for a bit. ;) :)

Scott

Pagnobito

No more LCR
Sep 24, 2002
Almost Maidstone
Visit site
If it is any help, I asked my local dealer to price up the body kit, centre zorst and 18" polished alloys (different to the ones pictured) and after giving a £500 discount on the base 2.0TDI sport, total price £19320.

I can't really see many going for that, so if speculation is correct and the one here is likely to be the FR then I dare say it will be cheaper when it comes out in April, although probably with 17" wheels.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.