installing a stereo

mandisalis

i have just brough a jvc head unit for my seat ibiza. It may sound like a silly question but caNNOT get out the standard tape player from the car. can any one give me some advise on how to do this and what tools i need
cheers

ScottyP

SEAT old timer
you will probably need a pair of removal tools (available from halfords). Basically they fit into the two sets of vertical aligned holes on the left and right side at the front of the stereo (there may be two plastic clips covering them depending on what tape deck it is) Slot the prongs of the tools in which will release the clips holding the stereo to the cage, give it a tug - an hey presto!

Don't forget to set the connections on the wiring loom of the jvc for a permenant live feed, or else it will lose its memory every time you turn it off :)

:cheers:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I installed a sony cd player into my Ibiza Saturday, I just used two electrical screw drivers each side, placed them into the holes and pulled!

I know it's not the proper tools but it works

mandisalis

thanx to all , managed to get it out . now have new cd player blasting out lol

monkee

Yes im naked in my avatar
you will probably need a pair of removal tools (available from halfords). Basically they fit into the two sets of vertical aligned holes on the left and right side at the front of the stereo (there may be two plastic clips covering them depending on what tape deck it is) Slot the prongs of the tools in which will release the clips holding the stereo to the cage, give it a tug - an hey presto!

Don't forget to set the connections on the wiring loom of the jvc for a permenant live feed, or else it will lose its memory every time you turn it off :)

:cheers:

I used a metal coat hanger in the two aforementioned holes on mine... slipped straight out...

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise