Cupra r woes

00lafleur

Jan 29, 2017
Hi all, I need some help, I have an LCR that has some issues. I am getting this really annoying 'wastegate chatter' it's doing my head in when I am driving and the car isn't driving like it should. Why is this happening How do I cure it ?

I am also getting petrol fumes into the Car and having my kids in the car every time I stop they are horrendous and I have no idea where it's coming from?
Just had a new down pipe and sports cat but both issues have been happening before it was out on

Any help would be much needed and appreciated

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Flutter? If so replace diverter valve. Max £40 for stock or £120 ish for forge.
Fumes in the car is worrying, if its that bad don't have you're kids in the car, can course brain damage let alone death. Don't mess about with it...take it too a garage and get it on the ramps and have a diagnosis.... Most will do this for a drink. New down pipe?? that would be the first thing I'd look at.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

00lafleur

Jan 29, 2017
I put the stock dv valve back on and got rid of chatter I had put on a forge dv 007 and also tried a 008 both gave off this chatter noise . And I didn't want to ruin the turbo.

Car is in garage for the fumes, ps it was only when vents were on and stationary but u are 100% and I want it sorted and I'm not having my kids in car till resolved will let you know outcome

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I put the stock dv valve back on and got rid of chatter I had put on a forge dv 007 and also tried a 008 both gave off this chatter noise . And I didn't want to ruin the turbo.

Car is in garage for the fumes, ps it was only when vents were on and stationary but u are 100% and I want it sorted and I'm not having my kids in car till resolved will let you know outcome
Forge range need setting up so to speak. I personally like the chatter noise but risk to the shaft is high on a high milage turbo.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Gaz20VT

Aug 5, 2011
Yep the chatter noise is compressor surge (it's nothing to do with the wastegate), and is definitely not a good thing for turbo longevity. The thrust bearing can take a pounding with heavy surge.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.