mk1 leon pd105 vs 110 non pd

jonnymk1

Dec 4, 2017
hi there I am thinking of buying a mk1 leon and modding it for bigger hp roughly (180hp) just wondering which is a better or easier engine to do this with as I have been told the a non pd engine is bullet proof but a non pd is better for modding as it has a lift pump. that is for any replies

Last edited:

Ryan_98

Leon Mk1 enthusiast
May 24, 2016
Honestly I think you would be better of buying a pd150 and just getting a remap. the 150s stand up to alot more and you can take them up to 200bhp with pretty much a remap and can bigger turbo after that. once you start putting that sort of power into the smaller engines they don't last long, pd should have lift pump and the non pd doesn't (has mechanical fuel pump on front of engine instead) if you go for smaller engine you will end up going for forged pistons, conrods, head bolts, bigger injectors, turbo, and so on its not cheap. ££££ hope that helps if still fancy going down the expensive route give nother shout and tell you what you can do with the engines

Last edited:

clag

Dec 28, 2016
Even a pd130 with a remap will get close ish to 180bhp and be much more reliable than taking a 110 up to 180

Ryan_98

Leon Mk1 enthusiast
May 24, 2016
I agree, you will save yourself alot of time money, and hastle just going for a bigger engine to begin with.