Leon 110 non pd

ian45

Jun 22, 2014
Ballater
Having issues with the turbo , first it has nothing then if you drive it flat out in first it eventually gives a bit of boost , been driven daily so it’s essential it gets solved , real pain in the arse having no overtaking ability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Variable vanes on the turbo compressor wheel are stuck with carbon. Get your hand down the back of the engine and give the actuator rod on the turbo a good wiggle back and forth. It should move smoothly but with quite strong resistance.

Moving it up and down to break the carbon build up is a temporary fix. When you have time, remove the EGR feed pipe from the exhaust manifold and EGR valve, feed a length of silicone hose into the hole and down to the exhaust side of the turbo, and fill it with Mr Muscle oven cleaner. Bolt the EGR feed pipe back on and leave the cleaner in there for 2 hours, working the actuator rod back and forth every 10 minutes or so. Home made terraclean at a fraction of the price.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
As said above possibly the vanes are sticking in the VNT turbo. There’re plenty of videos on YouTube explaining how they work and how to clean them.

I started having problems with my TDI 110, driving it hard made the problem go away for a while. Then started doing a lot of motorway driving 3 years ago and not had the problem since.

Personally I’d recommend:

Scan for fault codes
Check the VNT actuator rod moves freely – if not clean the turbo as described above.
If the rod moves freely, check/replace the vacuum line to the actuator.
If you still have a problem check/replace the vacuum control valve on the firewall behind the engine.

I fixed my TDI 110 by driving it regularly for over 30 minutes to get the turbo hot.