After market cv joint

FASTER

Feb 18, 2005
Nottingham
Being a plonka I've hit the end of my cv joint without the bolt in place and deformed the end of the cv and it won't slip back in the hub Tps want about £100-120for a genuine cv.
After market start at £25.00 has any one any experience with after market cvs?? Or other options?

FASTER

Feb 18, 2005
Nottingham
The whole side has Miss shaped. The bolt hole looks like it's off centre now. I'll post some pictures. Real school boy error Any decent after market brands?

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
J&R are cheap and used to give a good warranty. I have had their CV boots on my car for the last 5 years which were about £6 at the time. Their driveshafts were really cheap and had good reviews at the time.

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
Just to say dont bother wasting your time buying Cupra R driveshafts from this company. They dont fit.
Far too long - will let you know how I get on with getting a refund

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
Not going well with the refund. They are refusing to pay for return postage despite the error being theirs.

tanto

Oct 16, 2016
you should remind them that as the item was not as described /wrong item sent then under the sale of goods act as amended 1979 they are required by law to pay for return postage and that if they refuse you will report them for breach of the sale of goods act and instigate action to recover your money plus costs.
tell them this via email and let them know that you will also be sending it via recorded delivery letter and as stated in the letter you require a response within 14 days

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
SOGA was replaced in 2013 but yeah same gist, which ive already explained to them. Proper narky twat on the emails.
Anyway, I paid through paypal so will go to them to get it resolved.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.