seat leon door seal leak

banda141005

i've had my seat leon cupra for a week but have today noticed the back drivers side floor is wet??? any1 know if this if comin from the door seal??? the front is dry so i'm guessin its the back!

adiniwasi

This has also happened on my Leon, in the drivers door. After it's been raining I open the door and the panel just below the door is holding water, must be a dodgy seal.

Smiler-MK2

Fear The Inferi
Dec 2, 2007
Cheshire
i've had my seat leon cupra for a week but have today noticed the back drivers side floor is wet??? any1 know if this if comin from the door seal??? the front is dry so i'm guessin its the back!

Have a read here matey
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124289

Welcome to SCN

B1NCC 1.8T

Sounds like the water is leaking into the back through the door like you say. This is a common problem. The water leaks past the seal on the window regulator panel, behind the door card.
There is a modification for the problem, which involves removing the regulator and fitting a type of sealant to replace the seal on the regulator panel. This mod usually always cures the prob when fitted correct

ckempo

Mar 5, 2008
Burntwood
Sounds like the water is leaking into the back through the door like you say. This is a common problem. The water leaks past the seal on the window regulator panel, behind the door card.
There is a modification for the problem, which involves removing the regulator and fitting a type of sealant to replace the seal on the regulator panel. This mod usually always cures the prob when fitted correct

Exactly right. My bro has a MK1 Leon with this problem, I took him along with me to Seat Wolvo at the weekend (I went to buy my car) and Dave there instantly told him what the issue was when he described it.

Apparently it's a dead easy fix, once the rear door panels are removed and everything resealed.

cupra moulder

first thing i would check is if the speakers have been changed because i had the same problem in my cupra, i thought it was only getting wet in the back untill i took all of my interior out including carpets and found puddles in the front foot well and also in the back foot wells. the reason it was the speakers that was letting in the water was because when i changed them for better ones the better ones had deeper bases, so when the water comes through the door which it does anyway it was hitting the back of the new speakers and finding any way in possible. It took me months to find this, so now ive siliconed everywhere and havent had a problem since, hope this helps

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
i have a 2005 FR TDI thats got a wee leak in the front passenger door, only noticed this morning and called Agnew Seat (the only main deler in Belfast) and they have quoted me £110 per door to fix, they claim they need it for a whole day and that they cannot guarantee the repair will hold for more than 10000 miles.

what a rip off merchant, bostik here i come

Weebluebeastie

i have a 2005 FR TDI thats got a wee leak in the front passenger door, only noticed this morning and called Agnew Seat (the only main deler in Belfast) and they have quoted me £110 per door to fix, they claim they need it for a whole day and that they cannot guarantee the repair will hold for more than 10000 miles.

what a rip off merchant, bostik here i come

Just had my drivers door done , the water leak as mentioned in these threads is a common problem on the 1m Leon luckily the guy I take my car to (Motormaxd in Grimsby) owns a Cupra and he'd had the very same problem . He bought a box of the sealer from Seat it comes in a long strand and costs about £100 :cry: but he had to do all four doors on his and there was enough left to do both my front ones and he charged me £50 and only had it for a few hours . If your savvy enough at dismantlin the door cards yourself i'd have a look on ebay for some of the sealer and save yourself some cash , failing that have a word with a bodyshop that main agent price stuff is always going to take you for a ride [:@]

rickyb90

Speedbump destroyer!
Mar 21, 2009
NW Kent
This is the guide I followed and my carpets are dry!!

I done all the doors as I figured that if the front passenger door seal had gone, the others wouldn't be far behind. I do recommend getting the door clips as you will break some in the process.

Oh and take your time to carefully remove all the old seal strip from the door, the edges of the window carrier are bloody sharp!!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3255716#post3255716

Nazlfc

Sep 28, 2009
07 December 2017
16:01

Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem with my MK2 Seat Toledo. My front drivers and passenger foot well / carpets are completely damp. I don't drive it much but and as a by-product I have severe condensation on the front / rear windscreens to the extent water is dripping quite badly onto my dashboard (I guess the moisture from the damp carpets need to go somewhere) Has anyone that has suffered the misfortune of the door leaks on a MK1 Leon or MK2 Toledo experienced this condensation problem? I'm guessing yes but would be useful for me to know as the condensation is a bigger issue for me than the door leak knowing that it can be fixed using the wonderful instructions provided on the thread is reassuring. I'm hoping the fix would also resolve the condensation problem but understanding the experiences of others who have encountered similar scenarios would be really reassuring for me.

As ever any tips/advice/guidance would be immensely appreciated.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.