RR today graph inside help required please

Aug 24, 2007
100mm expanded metal feed and the big boy (LCR) jetex with a reducer = awesome noise ;)

The 80mm Filter is massive as Greesha discovered at the last RR day :cartman:

Last edited:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I'll get a Jetex, not in any rush too much going out soon, I read this
You're wasting your time with the heatshield other than for looks. "Cooling" the air before its been forced through the turbo and intercoolers makes absolutely no difference to the temperature at which it enters the intake manifold.

and on N/A car cooling the filter made a difference because it was then going directly into the inlet, but our air goes via a red hot turbo?

Or have i read it wrong?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeah but if its more dense and contains more oxygen then there is more of it when its colder?

More air flowed = more power?

I think this is right someone please correct me if I'm wrong :cartman:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
correct, more about airflow to the filter than actual cold air flowed.

cold air feed, or air feed if you like to project flowed air to the filter surface area, more air sucked in more g/s flowed and ecu alters parameters accordingly... ultimatly more power, through air flowed rather than air cooled pre turbo... post turbo however is a different matter

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeah cold air sucked in is more dense so there is more air to burn more air to heat up, and more air to drive the turbo so its benificial to have a cold feed rather than suck in hot air from around the engine bay.