Kaz

May 26, 2014
Photobucket? Where do I find that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sabelART

lets try this: flickr. com /photos /sabelart/
just delete spaces..
few photos in there
She's on 18'' RS4 alloys 225/40 tyres, et 45 and 8 or 8.5J.. sorry dont remember now but i'll check if anyone need. no spacers yet. front still down due to weather conditions today lol. back no adjuster. still can go little bit lower on the back but not yet.
oh...fk ak street coilovers on it..
to make easier for everyone else who would like to see it please share it or something..i got still 12 posts to go..thx in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveSxTdi

Mar 3, 2014
plus.google.com
Absolutely awesome mate.

14178927348_6c5222e0cc_k.jpg

14136799387_672a92eab1_k.jpg

Last edited:

sabelART

Been looking for a while.. seen one on ebay 75 quid each! then gumtree.. few sharans for breaking. after 2004. two from London..one guy was a mistake..no contact at all but everyday he post same add on gumtree..other guy top lad..remove it for me post it on ebay and sent me email with ebay item number..quick purchase. 45 for both and 12.50 for delivery :) and they easy to fit..just two screwes on wheel arches and few under the car..very simple.also you can stick it on double side sticky tape. 5m 25mm from halfords its ok. or ebay for reg plates
btw thx for sharing my pics mate

Last edited by a moderator:

sabelART

yeah..just check gumtree now..that guy still got hes sharan for breaking. he was after 40 for both..

SteveSxTdi

Mar 3, 2014
plus.google.com
Posting to N.Ireland might be an issue. Air parcels are usually only allowed to be 1.5metres unless u psy ridiculous money.

Last edited:

sabelART

yeah thats right..but worth of try to find any..car looks much better with skirts.

sabelART

Dont buy any glass fiber or other..just oem ones.may fit from ford galaxy mk1.ford had some nice oem body kit on it.othwr option is projektzwo made for mk1 aswell.but parts will fit on mk2

Mannybee

Jul 28, 2012
Norf west
Dude, that is one awesome motor. Looks absolutely amazing. Never seen one as nice! Love it. The rims deffo suit it. What's the ride like by the way

sabelART

To be fair its too low as its still daily usage car..family shoping etc..suspension working well but need to be more carefull on potholes and speed bumps. On flat roads motorways its fantastic..amazing grip..not like sofa bed before lol engine runs fantastic.its over 140k miles but pulling like a b...h otherwise i want to do something with engine.didnt decided yet or keep tdi but fit arl turbo and arl pump injectors with solid flywheel conversion and fmic remapped later to over 200 bhp or swap into vr6 or r32 from golf..plans plans..we will see ;)

sabelART

If youre UK based there is company named venommotorsport. Try in google.loads of kits from sport suspensions lowering spring to really good and expensive coilovers kit. On lowering springs you cant go lower than -50mm from standards shock absorbers.if you want 50mm lowet bilsten b6 (if i remember well) is good option. Coilovers kits..well plenty of them.mine cost around £200 with delivery from Germany.6 days awaiting time. Cheap one.dont know how good but lets say if they last 2 years its quite good.if ap coilovers worth over £500 lasts 3 years its still better to get 2nd cheap kit..im happy with it

Mannybee

Jul 28, 2012
Norf west
If youre UK based there is company named venommotorsport. Try in google.loads of kits from sport suspensions lowering spring to really good and expensive coilovers kit. On lowering springs you cant go lower than -50mm from standards shock absorbers.if you want 50mm lowet bilsten b6 (if i remember well) is good option. Coilovers kits..well plenty of them.mine cost around £200 with delivery from Germany.6 days awaiting time. Cheap one.dont know how good but lets say if they last 2 years its quite good.if ap coilovers worth over £500 lasts 3 years its still better to get 2nd cheap kit..im happy with it

Yeah I know of venom, theyre only about 10 miles away from me, Ive seen the spring and shock kits fron Germany and they do a 60 front 40 rear drop for the Alhambra, but dont know how low it would go , i dont want to buy them and they only lower it a bit, then its money wasted. Ive heard the top mounts are hard to get out as they trap water in there and rust really badly, so id have to buy new top mounts. Really unsure to be honest but I agree about getting the cheap coilovers and liek you say if they only last 2 yrs then its not too bad when more expensive kits last only a little longer. Decisions decisions..

By the way , where are you based?

sabelART

Crewe,Cheshire.
Here is the story. My seat is 130 bhp sport. As standard it comes with lowering springs. 25mm than other versions.some sharans with 115bhp engines are sport too and same springs. When i fitted coilovers ive dropped it around 30mm.didnt satisfy me. Other side i dropped to maximum which is around 65mm. Was good but still not what i wanted.so i removed adjuster and this gave me anothet 6mm.and it looks like you can see on photos. Rear shockers are little bit shorter too than standard one. Reat i did by my own.front was hard for me.i took it to the garage.guy struggling with them 8 hrs but he made it.i paid 100 quid.
i wanted low so i have it:) now i just finished with front and its bit higher.gap between wheel arch and tyre is equal like on the back.
To prevent rust dust on top mounts there are covers.plastic one.chcek on local scrapyards.will fit from passat polo corrado..put some grease on top mount and leave under the cover.best way to keep top mount alive. Also top mount are not so expensive. I paid around 100 for everything incl top mounts bearings and arm bushes.
60/40 may satisfy you.is we talking about springs.but coilovers.you can drop it down however you want ;)