Lil pictures next to the Forums

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i think it was an idea suggested but with optional models colours and every other variable it was decided to emulate the site logo instead

sure beats a boring arrow at least

one day though as it's always looking forward here as you know

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Those are forum icons dedicated to saying whether it contains new posts or not. They have a unique file name linked to the coding of the forum software. It would require a lot of coding to make it use a different graphic for one section and another for a different section.

No doubt it could probably be done, but it's a hell of a lot of work for not a great deal of benefit really other than a bit of eye-candy. Bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Mat

what Z says. it's part of a template which would be written like so

no posts = leon grey
locked = leon padlock

that's how each section would be written. it could be re-written, but with the number of sections and sub-sections it would take many many hours (not including the creation of the images)

ipd56

Barmy Army Nutter
Those are forum icons dedicated to saying whether it contains new posts or not. They have a unique file name linked to the coding of the forum software. It would require a lot of coding to make it use a different graphic for one section and another for a different section.

No doubt it could probably be done, but it's a hell of a lot of work for not a great deal of benefit really other than a bit of eye-candy. Bigger fish to fry at the moment.

they like to make work for you ZBOYD, as i run i web site too it not just not upload some new pic to make it work :( wish it was ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I may change the padlock though, it was a quick fix solution that one. But i can see why it doesn't work so well.

Though even on the old forum that sections status icon also showed a padlock on it.

Mat

yeah, would be triple - no new posts, new posts, locked (may have 2 locked images)

so would be looking at 600-800 pictures :D (then again, the dealers, sponsers etc don't HAVE to have special icons, just the model sections lol

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
I know its a lot of work ;) I web design a little and have run other forums. But I was also thinking you could replace the picture with a random generator of all seat models. but whether this would look as good I do not know. Just have the standard cars but change the colour so all new posts are white cars all old posts are black. all locked ones are red.,

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.