Forum reshuffle

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
i didnt even notice but then i log in and go straight to Search new posts then after that log out. must take a peek later.

:yes:

Must admit I only use the forum main page to find the relevant section for posting a new thread. The rest of the time, New Posts is my friend.

Had a quick look, though. My only comment would be that the section headings get a bit lost, being centred on the page. Your eyes tend to skip over them and see the individual forum titles instead.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
:yes:

Must admit I only use the forum main page to find the relevant section for posting a new thread. The rest of the time, New Posts is my friend.

Had a quick look, though. My only comment would be that the section headings get a bit lost, being centred on the page. Your eyes tend to skip over them and see the individual forum titles instead.

I agree. added to the list

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Forgive the thickness however where is the option to move thread? I want to move my progress thread to the Readers Rides section....

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Probably won't make any difference tbh. People will still post anything in there.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
You keep more of community if you keep one section - however it might be worth thinking about the confusion re: tuning and questions if people don't make it clear which Mk of Leon they are referring to.

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Just like the Toledo section, except the 'New Toledo' sub-section only gets about two new threads a month (I do not jest). :cartman:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Do you think people will cry if the Mk1 & Mk2 Leon section gets merged as the Ibiza has been (with the models separated out below)?

Although, i like it how it is at the moment, realistically it needs to be within keeping with the same style as the rest of the site, and as you say, all the others have sub-sections with the different model version, so the leon section should comply and be the same.

I would however advise/request that you have the "leon" section, then the "Mk1" and "Mk2" section with no-one able to post directly under the "leon" section, otherwise it will start getting confusing (like it is at present in the Ibiza section).

/places 2p in the pot :)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net

I would however advise/request that you have the "leon" section, then the "Mk1" and "Mk2" section with no-one able to post directly under the "leon" section, otherwise it will start getting confusing (like it is at present in the Ibiza section).

/places 2p in the pot :)

Yes, I certainly agree with not being able to post in the 'head' Leon section. I hadn't realised it was possible in the Ibiza section.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I agree that we should follow form and subsection the Leon sections. I also agree that if were are to subsection the areas, then the lead forum for that subject area shouldn't be able to be posted in.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The Leon subsectioning is an annoyance to me as I only use the mk2 forum, and I cant see if there have been a new post in there without going into it! :(

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
I think its much better although I still have two gripes. Being a new member the first thing I noticed was the sheer number of forums which brings me on to my first point..

"SEATCupra.net Sponsors & Supporters"

15 forums!

Whilst I realise the sponsors are here for a reason I don't think having the largest area of the main forum taken up by the traders is necessary.
The forum I have come from compacted all of these forums into one "Traders Forum" which worked really well without it being 'in your face'

My other small point is "Members Personal Homepages"
is that a new forum? as it has hardly any threads, is it needed? most people usually have a sig with a personal page link in if they feel anyway...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members