Forum maintenance upgrade - 02/09/08

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
What is the tags for?. I just seen NUFC.com :lol:

Mr ZBoyd has SCN Admin ever considered a voluntary scheme where people can purchase a supporter icon or similar for say £10 a year. Money helps with server fees etc.. but members who do wish to use it can get extra PM capacity, garage pics, little privileges etc.. All non mandatory of course, don't want to push the people who only pop in now and again away or not use the full benefits of the site. However for me personally the information gained on here over the last few years is invaluable and I'm sure a lot of members would like to help in some way further. I understand if this would be a headache to manage and I've no doubt it's been discussed before but it is a popular thing on many forums to gain a few extra user benefits and contribute to the site upkeep.

Yes the tags have now been turned off for general population except for the thread starter. So if someone puts a stupid tag in we know it was the thread starter. ;)

As for supporters, no its not something we have ever really wanted to do on SCN. SCN supports itself or it dies, but its not dead yet and were getting on for 9 years old now.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Fair comment, I'm a tight bastid and wouldn't have paid anyway. :lol: This bloody forum has me spending enough money.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
am i the only one who seems to have a problem telling new posts apart?

all of them seem to be highlight as new threads still even after reading and there seems to be no way of telling new posts in a thread i have already read

am i just being stupid?

edit - ok never mind i was just being stupid

When you view new posts, i forgot it doesn't show you the the icon key.

But the icons on the left of a thread listing all mean certain things.

Here is a screen cap of the key.

thread_key.jpg

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
As much as it pains me to say this, there is a bug in Apple's Safari browser which causes the max width of the forum to be incorrect. I will speak to the coders in due course and see if they can work out what the problem is.

IE (on pc) and Firefox (on mac and pc) appear unaffected.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I've not changed anything, i think its an optical illusion because they stand out more maybe.

Must be, probably because other aspects of the design have increased in size such as the buttons at the top and the title bars and stuff. Also theres more white space so it must be making everything look bigger.

Thought I should add it seems to work fine with IE 8 beta and Google Chrome

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
:thumbup: liking it so far. Need to have a proper look around before i make a final judgment. Only niggle so far is the 'user online' logo isn't obvious (not even sure what the picture is?) Something like before was far more appropriate!? :shrug:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
forum 1st.. :D just askign as there's a SEAT logo on the rhs and thought new layout would have banners on the right?

clean look new forum. :thumbup:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.