seat leon cupra wont start

deano1979

Hi guys,

Well my 2001 Curpa wont start. I am not sure if its due to driving through a flooded road earlier in the day and maybe something is wet that shouldn't be or if its something else. The car ran fine for a good hour or so after driving through the flooded road, I stopped and started the engine a couple of times and it drove fine. Then i parked up, went back to it half hour later and its just cranking strongly but not firing up. It now looks fairly dry under the hood and there has been no water pass through the air filter as its bone dry. I have a triangular orange warning light on the dash beeping at me when i turn on the ignition and after cranking for a few seconds the oil light flashes. All levels are fine (oil etc.) I read a thread on here suggesting the crank sensor so i replaced it but it still wont start. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. The prospect of xmas with no car is a major ball ache!!

Thanks

B2daV

Any news on this would be good, i recently had the same problem (today) after a jet wash!

Anybody?

deano1979

Hi there,

Well I hope you have more luck than me in sorting your Seat. I had mine in a garage for a week and they couldnt get it going. They put it down to either the ecu or the immobiliser and either one isnt a cheap fix with no guarantee that it was one or the other. I think if water gets into the electrics the immobiliser must shut the car down. I ended up flogging mine to a breaker and starting from scratch as the repair bill was only a few hundred quid less than the car was worth. Good luck with it and sorry to sound like the grim reaper !! I hope you find a cheap fix.