Ibiza Kitcars

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
I nearly had a heart attack... this is what came through on the thread notification email:

"P950 OVV for sale in Ireland - 16K euros - looks like it has had a few updates though

http://www.racedandrallied.com/detail.php?siteid=1029&show_still=1"

Clicked the link and saw an EVO2... wishful thinking!

Sorry I missed your call the other day Rob, was over at Nick and Jo's... will give you a shout this week! ;)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
FOR SALE:
wife, 2 kids and a slightly soiled kidney(38 years old,hardly run in yet) 80k Euros

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Ok, just dug out the Super Six car reg plates from a Seat mag I picked up somewhere:

P950 OVV - Stephen Whitford
P981 OVV - Wayne Sisson
P982 OVV - Mark Fisher (RIP)
P983 OVV - Oilver Clark
P984 OVV - Mark Perrott
P985 OVV - Mike Brown

A very coincidentally close relation to the Super Six cars: P976 OVV, currently on eBay.

Spotted it previously on www.IanHardy.net:

IR0E6762.jpg

IR0E6603.jpg

Used and seemingly still belongs to Francine Duncan (nee Bogg) former winner of the Radio Times Rally Quest competition from ~ 1990 (when randoms could just enter a competition and do a couple of events and drive the RAC Rally, fully paid for).

eBay link

Must be a Custom Cages cage in there, up to the front turrents, but otherwise Group N-looking spec car. Proper lamp pod points to right bits being bought, and may have a Gemini plate diff / lowered FD (as per Super Six), but there's little info in the ad.

No works history as such, but the car has to have come from Cupra Sport / Seat direct...

Nice curiosity.

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Partly inspired by this and similar previous threads, I've recently finished a long-running project to put together every nugget of works car research into one place:

www.SeatSport.info

Hopefully quite interesting for various!

There's a stack of Ibiza pics to wade through here.

2testrun4_06.jpg

... videos here including a build video ...

... and quite a nice history coming together on the Kit Cars themselves, various Kit Car owners having been in touch to help with the long-running jigsaw puzzle.

Ibiza Kit Car chassis & history

I've just been reading back through this thread - hopefully that answers some of the long-running questions.

If anyone has anything else to add to the website, I'll be only too glad. Pls PM me to arrange. Many thanks.

Enjoy :)

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Nice pics. That 's IK207, B-9439-TX. Andrew Haddon's old car, now back in Spain.

What's special about it is the bigger carbon airbox, which is literally fitted to a handful (2-3) late Evo 2s.

Thanks to m0rk for stickying the earlier post in the motorsport section. I wasn't quite sure whether to put it here, or start a new thread!

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site

post #89 then..:bleh: :D

Nice pics. That 's IK207, B-9439-TX. Andrew Haddon's old car, now back in Spain.

What's special about it is the bigger carbon airbox, which is literally fitted to a handful (2-3) late Evo 2s.

Thanks to m0rk for stickying the earlier post in the motorsport section. I wasn't quite sure whether to put it here, or start a new thread!

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
brilliant thread :)

Does anyone know what car Gwyndaf Evans drove? I deal with his garage alot (Gwyndaf Evans Motors in Dollgellau) and i know he drove a kit car at one point in his rallying.

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
Gwyndaf drove Ibizas for Cupra Sport UK from the RAC Rally in 1997 until the end of 1999. Two cars mainly: B-7500-TK (1998) and B-7501-TK (1999). These were his British Championship cars, both Evo 2s. The colour varied - yellow (1997), then green (1998), then yellow again (1999).

7500 passed to Barbara Armstrong for the 1999 British Championship.

The test car was B-8662-TW, which Evans drove when entered on other events eg the Manx National, part of the then-Mintex National Series.

There were occasional overseas WRC/F2 forays on top, using various available cars, run by Cupra Sport UK, the Spanish factory, or Italian team, Astra Sport.

Of course this is notwithstanding reshells and the usual jiggery pokery of replacement bodyshells, so the chassis numbers are best followed.

This is B-7500 being fully rebuilt at Cupra Sport UK as a green car in time for the 1998 season:

http://homepage.virgin.net/shalco.com/seat_build.htm

- the car had done quite a bit of work on the continent before the UK team got it and it needed to be painted up in green for the 1998 UK corporate ID.

B-7501-TK was reshelled into an ultra light tarmac shell (from chassis IK204 to IK209) in time for the Ulster and the Manx 1999, as the team tried to squeeze more performance out of the car in the chase to beat the Meganes.

IK204 somehow remained a complete car, or was rebuilt, and was sold to a UK privateer / collector in 1999 This car is probably one of the finest remaining examples. It has done a couple of club rallies by privateers since and is now firmly in a collection. There is only one other car - at the SEAT Museum in Spain - which has potentially done such little work.

More info on the Ibiza build list, here.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members