Whats the biggest wheels i can put on a seat ibiza

Mckellar

u've just posted saying you want performance..

You dont get optimum performance with 18s on a small hot hatch.

16s with a 50 drop is best imo

dragonsnake1985

yeah cheers mate i want my car to look good and at the mo it looks ordinary so i want to get the best look out of it with a good performance on it

Mckellar

nah you want 100mm drop like my sig
:lol:

not very performance orientated though, beware, my car scrapes going over stones nevermind anything else

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire

not very performance orientated though, beware, my car scrapes going over stones never mind anything else

Still don't get how you managed to lower your car 100mm (and have an LCR splitter) When I lowered mine 60mm on the 16" multispokes it was rubbing front and rear and it looked like this:
PICT0141.jpg

If I lowered it another 40mm it would be literally sitting on the floor. Or your using a wonky ruler :cartman:

p.s. dragonsnake, don't chav up the car, ibiza's look shite with 18" wheels and big bodykits (F2 kits aren't too bad). Save that cash and get the car handling well and do some trackdays, you'll love it

Mig

Last edited:

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Sorry to post of topic........ Where did you valver end up Mig? Anyone on here?

Well it sold within 18hours of being advertised on Autotrader to some guy from near Southampton. Funny you should ask tho because I was planning on sending him a text tomorrow to see how the car is doing (if its still alive) and get him to join up. Don't want to loose track of the car coz I want to buy it back once I have some more cash (in a years time or two) because the car was in MINT condition :cry:

MarkJ

Ibiza GTi
Mar 26, 2007
Chesterfield
Well it sold within 18hours of being advertised on Autotrader to some guy from near Southampton. Funny you should ask tho because I was planning on sending him a text tomorrow to see how the car is doing (if its still alive) and get him to join up. Don't want to loose track of the car coz I want to buy it back once I have some more cash (in a years time or two) because the car was in MINT condition :cry:

Not surprised it went that quickly mate, one of the best I have seen, stunning car. Would have bought it myself if I had the cash.
Get the new owner on here, then we will know if he sells it ;)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...

not very performance orientated though, beware, my car scrapes going over stones nevermind anything else

Pfft thats not 100mm :p

Stop being a wimp, ditch that piece of plastic and lower it properly ;)

......and to answer your question, 18's I think but bigger is not always better in this case. 16's are a good choice but I always felt some wide 15's would look mega hard

Last edited:

dragonsnake1985

Cheers all thanks for that well i have decided not having a body kit now it looks good as it is.
I will start with the supension and track and work from there

I would love to go to some track days

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Cheers all thanks for that well i have decided not having a body kit now it looks good as it is.
I will start with the supension and track and work from there

I would love to go to some track days

Good lad :D

Suspension and some nice 16" wheels with decent tyres is a definite way to start.

As for trackdays, there is a forum section on here for them and a LOT of trackday junkies as well so have a look around and see if there isn't one going in your area soon

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Mig

Mckellar

this is how low it is just now, miby not 100mm but its definately more than 60!!

11092007080.jpg

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
That is pretty low David, Found my new wheels be kept a secret till there on i can post up pics, going to order them by the end of the month, got to see what pay appraisal says first. Then the coilovers from club polo well see how long i can go

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
That to me looks like -62.3mm :p Plus you parked it facing a slightly raised ramp so it makes it look lower,lol.

Just kidding, looks phat.

You should get some centre caps for your alloys. £12 each I think, so not a bargain but won't break the bank eiter

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members