Pioneer AVIC-9110BT

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I've been keeping my eyes open for these units since they were announced earlier this year.
They were said to be being released in July, and by looking at the spec and the way they are described on the Pioneer website it was as if they were aimed at being sold by VAG dealers.

I have done semi regular searches for ones for sale on the net since the beginning of July, then last week I stumbled accross the link below and suddenly I don't think I want one any more!!!

http://www.audio66.com/product.asp?id=6188&man=5&main=&firstsel=cat&userid=

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
Jesus. It's exactly the same machine as the normal Pioneer but with a smaller screen and a bit of plastic around the outside. Maybe not eh?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
1k for a 5.8" screen?

i have the pioneer 4100 , ok it doesnt have sat nav , have my tom tom for that but i have a whole 7" screen and yes size does matter :p
and the sound is awesome !

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
As promised pics ;)

8.jpg

9.jpg

7-1.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

nice boot build, are you using the genesis for the sub and the PDX for the fronts? I've got a set of 6.5 DLS to go in the front to be run active from a DLS CA51 amp, sub is to be decided but likely to be a JL around 10" still I have to find a car first !

Are you running speakers in the stock locations ?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
nice boot build, are you using the genesis for the sub and the PDX for the fronts? I've got a set of 6.5 DLS to go in the front to be run active from a DLS CA51 amp, sub is to be decided but likely to be a JL around 10" still I have to find a car first !

Are you running speakers in the stock locations ?

otherway round mate , its a genesis profile 2 ultra and the speakers are getting around 100 watts rms , and the sub 600 watts rms.
I have JL Audio c5 6.5 inch components up front in stock locations , the tweeters are tiny , but are silk ribbon and sound sweet , had to build mdf spacers for them , then dynamated the doors.

All my own work , with the spacers ect and running wires , took about 3 weeks , took the front seats out to run all the wires.
if you need any help just pm me m8 ;)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
cheers for the positive comments.
i had the profile sub and it was ok , the alpine is more powerfull and the focal sub is 11" and kicks hard :).

are you going to do your own install?
getting the rca leads in the back of the dash is a real pain in the ass. took me about 3 hours with a coat hanger !

not sure, i was quoted £200 by LM audio sometime ago to fit the speakers build a sub enclosure and run the cables which wasn't too bad and fit the sound deadening, they would charge for the cables + deadening which I would have to buy anyway. i've done it before in my golf, not to the extent you have but only because i need the boot. I know running the power lead into the car is a pain on the golf and A3, you have to remove the glovebox to do it.

I might have a go at fitting it all asyou get a much better sense of acheivement, but I will definatly be happy if it comes out looking like yours :)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
not sure, i was quoted £200 by LM audio sometime ago to fit the speakers build a sub enclosure and run the cables which wasn't too bad and fit the sound deadening, they would charge for the cables + deadening which I would have to buy anyway. i've done it before in my golf, not to the extent you have but only because i need the boot. I know running the power lead into the car is a pain on the golf and A3, you have to remove the glovebox to do it.

I might have a go at fitting it all asyou get a much better sense of acheivement, but I will definatly be happy if it comes out looking like yours :)

well you dont have to remove the glovebox on the Leon :)
as i said if you need help or want to know how i did something then just ask ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.