Possible Exhaust Sensor failure: OK to drive?

Sweetchuck

Having recently upgraded from an Ibiza Cupra to a Leon FR, I encountered my first problem today. Emissions light followed by DPF a little later on. Reading other threads, I'm hoping it's just an exhaust pressure sensor. It also happened right after a service, which seems to often be the case. It's booked in for Monday morning.

Do you guys think I would be OK to drive the vehicle home later (30 miles) or should I get SEAT assistance on the case? Obviously I don't want to get anyhere near to damaging the DPF.

Cheers

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Maybe system will just regenerate itself.They probably did not put the right oil in it.The car needs 507.00 spec.When I got some to top mine up they gave me 505.00 and it was not till some weeks later that I found out what it should be so if they dont use the correct stuff when replacing the oil it will unsettle the dpf I reckon.
Best call out seat assist to be safe mate.

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
I've just had the engine management light (just the engine management light though, not the DPF or emissions one) come on on my FR TDI when I started the car this evening. It seemed to be running ok, so I drove the 8 miles home and then called out SEAT Assistance. They sent the AA, who read the fault codes from the ECU:

P0471: Exhaust Pressure Sensor "A" circuit/range performance
P0471+ : Exhaust Pressure Sensor "A" circuit/range performance

Going to get the dealer to look at it tomorrow. AA man checked with some technicians over the phone who confirmed it'd be fine to drive short distances to get it to the dealer.

Sweetchuck

Thanks guys. Decided to drive it home. I actually managed to clear the DPF light, which was a result as I was sure it was about to go into limp mode. Emissions lamp is still on, so going to dealers on Monday.

Having enjoyed all of the common Mk3 ibiza cupra problems (pedal box, coil pack, melting fuses), it looks like I have now started to tick the list of Leon FR faults!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.