Mk2 Leon Cupra Police Car

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007
Heading down the M1 last week in 3rd lane doing 70mph and looked in rear view mirror and thought how quick the cupra was gaining on me, then looked again and thought why are the fog lamps flashing blue!

Black Mk2 Cupra unmarked and came past me as if I was stood still!

THis was around junction 31 on M1.

The police have style - its now official

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
:ban: That doesn't mean I've got one. Either they have style like you say or they may be sneaky little B**T**DS that are looking to nick us unsuspecting Leon drivers while also getting a sh*tload of other cars in the process,lol.

Last edited:

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

I have actually sold a Cupra to a police officer who has one as a work car

Irfan

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
seen a few leons as unmarked police cars..

Also seen 2 Altea FR's as unmarked cars...

The question is, are they road traffic cars, or are they CID cars?

That makes the difference to pulling you for speeding as you didn't see it. :(

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Now that is a bummer :(

I hope they are CID cars as you usually have some idea of unmarked police cars such as Volvos etc and i'm wary of any i see on the motorway thats relatively new...

Poverty

my local SEAT dealer sold a white k1 to a copper. Also there is a black c.i.d leon fr in greenwich, not gonna give more detail than that though but it was hammering.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I've seen a few various cars with the blue's and two's which one would ever imagine were unmarked cop cars! A good place to spot them was during the labour conference in Manchester - they used to have a convoy running through prestwich area in the morning and there would be all kinds of cars, jags, lexi (plural! [for AP fans! :p]), 4x4 range-rovers etc. All had proper grill lights fitted, not a magnetic light on the top.