00767 sensor for rear evaporator temperature g153

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
I've just run a scan and come across this and was wondering what exactly it was.

The usually reliable Google Search hasn't come up with much (well, in english anyway) neither has one on this forum.

I've been having resistor-based heater problems lately and was wondering whether it was something to do with that.

stuFR

Oct 19, 2010
I had a problem with my climate control and I think it was that temp sensor that was at fault. The fact it's on the evaporator points to air con circuit.

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
I've cleared the code now and it's stayed gone so I'm wondering if it was something to do with the blown heater resistor.

stuFR

Oct 19, 2010
Sensor £50 but I think they had to drain gas refrigerant from system. All in £150, but I cant be totally sure it was exactly the same g number sensor. I am still sure it's on the air con though.

stuFR

Oct 19, 2010
From what I can remember the sensor was for air con gas pressure and temp, it was faulty and after 20 minutes of driving it would shut off air intake flap and very little air would come through vents, even on full fan setting.

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
Ok, hopefully it's just and old code that's not been cleared. With a bit of luck it'll stay gone.

Every time I start my car a spanner light flashes a few times before going off and staying off. What does that mean exactly, is that indicative of an error. I've got a central locking fault so if so it's probably that.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members