Car Locked - Fob not opening it!

Splatercash

Feb 7, 2013
Hi,

When I got home tonight I locked the car using the key fob and a short while later I went back out to get something and it wouldn't open. The little LED still flashes when I press the button but, assuming the battery was dead I replaced it with a new one. The LED still flashes but the car remains unlocked.

I'm not sure what to do or try and I can't even read the manual since it's in the bloody car :blink:

If I recall, any attempt to open the car with the key when you locked it with the fob will result in the alarm going on. If/once that happens, I have no idea how to stop it. Is there any way of having the use of my car (without the alarm going off or it being immobilised). Does anyone have suggestions on what might be wrong with my fob and how I can fix it. This, by the way, is my only fob as the previous owner lost the other one :shrug:

Car is a 2010 MKII Leon FR CR TDI.

Splatercash

Feb 7, 2013
Problem solved. Turns out I must have accidentally hit the boot release but it didn't open because the boot was frozen. This meant the mechanism got stuck in a no man's land and the fob become unresponsive. When I pulled on the Seat badge to release the boot the lights flashed and everything went back to normal.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Glad you got sorted. Just for info, Ive tested locking with the fob and unlocking with the key and its fine mate.