Leon FR TDi USB port

stevie502

I have a 58 plate leon fr550 and i have the usb port under the drivers seat in a pocket at the front of the seat i have tried pluging my phone in but doesnt play music it reconises something is plugged in i have a iphone maybe i need a memory stick instead

communicator0

I have the IPod connector under the drivers seat. Unfortunately, all it seems to do is charge the ipod.

Car does not recognise the Ipod it just charges it. Plug a USB stick in and it plays no problem but cannot read track titles etc.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I have the IPod connector under the drivers seat. Unfortunately, all it seems to do is charge the ipod.

Car does not recognise the Ipod it just charges it. Plug a USB stick in and it plays no problem but cannot read track titles etc.

I don't think the USB interface supports iPods as its designed for memory sticks. It needs to have the specific iPod connector for the iPod to work, which looks like this:

img20111219130754.jpg

communicator0

Thanks, will check with dealers to see if usb connector can be changed for an ipod connection

juvenille24

Jan 28, 2016
USB question

I have a 2007 Seat Leon FR. There is a USB port underneath the seat but when a USB is inserted nothing happens?
How can this be operated?

Also on the radio area there is a "cd/aux" button but no actual aux port. Is this for future wiring in of the aux or there is an aux port somewhere?

Thanks

juvenille24

Jan 28, 2016
I have a Seat Leon FR 2007. Under the driver seat compartment there is a USB but cannot seem to get it to work? I understand when pressing the 'CD/AUX' button on the radio the USB should work but I get nothing. Anyone know what the problem may be?
Thanks

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
I have a 2008 FR with an ipod dock under the driver's seat. It works but you cannot see what you are playing as the radio screen just shows the first 6 playlists as 1-6

I extended the dock with a (non apple) cable so at least I can now see and fiddle with the ipod itself (when not driving or my front passenger can do it...)

It does not charge the ipod though I am hoping a genuine apple cable will support this.

Jimbo

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.