Loud Droaning Noise

PEZ125

Nov 7, 2016
All of a sudden my car had devolped a loud droaning noise. It happens when accelerating and is louder at low speed 1st/2nd gear especially. At first I thought exhaust was blowing, but doesn't do it when you rev it up and to make things stranger it cleared once and went back to normal. Pretty sure there was a strong smell of exhaust fumes as wel when stationary. It still drives fine and power etc good. Sure fuel economy has gone up as wel?! Its loud as anything so cant think its regen, just hoping its not the exhaust manifold!

Its an FR 170 08 model.

Anyone come across this, or can offer any thoughts??

Last edited:

jones

May 9, 2016
Probably the DPF in regen, mine does that

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

PEZ125

Nov 7, 2016
I hope that's all it is. Was good 20 min journey though and all stop/Start.

PEZ125

Nov 7, 2016
It'll be the wife. Get rid they are all bloody nuts anyway...:D

No that started when I got home :rofl:

Well whatever it was it was all ok the next day :confused:

I still dont think it was a regen, because of how loud it was and the fact id been stop/start in traffic, but here's hoping!!

PEZ125

Nov 7, 2016
So the noise has come back again :cry:

Its doing my head in. Every time i go to book it in it stops. 3 times now its lasted for 20-30 min journey, then when I next start up its cleared and will be ok for a few days. While its happening if I switch off and leave it a short time, its fine for a minute then starts again. Performance seems unaffected, and no warning lights Think there may be a very slight misfire and smell of exhaust fumes. Like I say there's no noise when reving but a slight blow noise from exhaust when you take your foot off.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!! Shame because I've loved the car car so car

jones

May 9, 2016
Will be interested to find out if this is anything, mines been doing it for 60k and just assumed it was the regen making the noise and the throttle a bit twitchy

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
If it was the exhaust manifold or something similar, then it wouldn't be intermittent. I would say it's regen related as others have said.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise