Flywheel

Coley

Aug 9, 2017
Right guys. Had the car stage 1 mapped. The clutch is slipping slightly in 4th and 5th. I am going to uprate it to an organic clutch probably from Sachs. What I need help with is what to do with the flywheel. Do I keep re new the stock duel mass or uprate the duel mass or, go solid flywheel? Heard good and bad for all options. What are your opinions please guys? Thanks in advance

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
Sorry buddy. Mk2 Cupra R

Ah same as mine. Best option is to put a new oem luk duel mass on it, and then either helix organic or sachs like youve mentioned. Most people go for and recommend the helix. Contact Alex at AKS Tuning. He will supply you what you need. If you havnt already i would join the TFSI Tuning group on Facebook. Lots of knowledgeable people on there

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
I had the single mass flywheel and clutch kit from Loba installed about 4 years (and 25k miles) ago on my stage 1 Cupra and it's still going strong. At the time it was a cheaper option than a new DMF. It does chatter a bit on idle but that doesn't bother me at all. I am not a fan of a flywheel with moving components and my view is that it's just another thing that will eventually go wrong.

Coley

Aug 9, 2017
Thanks for all your help guys! Off to Crete next week then ordering when get back. Keep you guys posted. Cheers again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.