Low speed droning

Clarky89

Aug 11, 2017
Hi guys

So I've just had a week away in Wales and it's the first time I've had chance to properly push the Leon. What I've found is on the country lanes and twisties the DSG and paddleshift are an amazing combo the car picks up and responds very nicely and I can't wait to see what a remap will do to it next year.

However I have noticed it's very noisy when bimbling around town especially in 1st and 2nd gears. Does anyone else get this? My previous car wasnt as nice to drive overall but was very smooth and quite when knocking around town. It could just be because it's a different engine but town driving it feels like a tractor.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Can you make a video of what it sounds like from inside the car? I had something similar that turned out to be a worn bearing in the gearbox.

Is it noticeable when you're going down the box engine breaking?

Clarky89

Aug 11, 2017
I can't even figure out the photos on here yet

I was reading a Skoda forum and apparently the 170 engines get a little rougher near to a service which mine is due soon. It's more just first and second gear and yes more on the downshift drops on then there's a little vibration and once you accelerate I'd goes again.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Upload it to YouTube and post the link here.

It's hard to diagnose noises without hearing them.

Clarky89

Aug 11, 2017
Hi Rusty2k

Turns out it needed a regen. Went out shopping and on the motorway dpf light came on. I ran it in 4th for about 15 mins as Ive read to on here and now its fine :)

Just worried me as it felt like the gearbox was shifting really bad but now its much smoother. Driven a lot of diesels including a older FR 170 and never had the car feels that rough.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.