Leon in a garage...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Afternoon all,

Quick question...

Does anyone actually keep their leon in a single garage? Mines currently full of generic stuff since moving but wondered if it's feasible to fit a leon in a standard size garage (2.1m at the door with a little more once through).

I see from parkers that my Cupra R is 1.8m wide (I assume with mirrors down) so there is space to get in.

Anyone have daily issues with the in and out bit? If it all works ill get an electric door for ease of use but just thought I'd get some ideas. We get way too much dirty rain here it annoys me.

Ideas/thoughts welcome

Cheers

Currently Driving - SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R 2010
Previous Car - SEAT Leon Mk2 FR 2007

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
I keep mine in a single garage. Fits comfortably to be fair. Enough room to open boot and bonnet. I keep some cardboard on drivers side just in case I catch the door but it’s not an issue. Driving in n out easier as I’ve got an electric garage door but size wise no problem. I don’t fold mirrors in either as there’s no need

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I keep mine in a single garage. Fits comfortably to be fair. Enough room to open boot and bonnet. I keep some cardboard on drivers side just in case I catch the door but it’s not an issue. Driving in n out easier as I’ve got an electric garage door but size wise no problem. I don’t fold mirrors in either as there’s no need

Thanks for your reply :funk:

Good to know, do you drive slightly to the left so your door opens better or is it ok for both doors to open normally? I can get Rubber fixed to the walls if it's close.

I think electric door is the way forward.

Cheers

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
I do turn in slightly to the left as I’m almost all the way in. It’s a habit as I know it’s only my door that opens. It’s teall handy especially when the weather is like it is now.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members