Recently purchased an FR+ but DSG paddles aren't working

dennis10

Jan 30, 2018
Hi all - my first post as a recent Seat Leon FR+ 2.0tdi 170 with DSG owner. It's a 2011 facelift model, with new style steering wheel and NAV and entertainment system

I have a problem where the DSG paddles on the steering wheel don't work. Nothing happens at all when I press them. Also the buttons on the right hand side (I think navigation buttons for the entertainment system and a back button) don't seem to do anything. Although the buttons on the left hand side, for volume and to change the radio station seem to work fine.

The car changes gear fine, using both the auto D and S modes and also using the gear lever in Manual mode.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks!

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
More than likely something faulty within the steering wheel controls. Each paddle has its own section that plugs into the back of the steering wheel, likewise the steering wheel controls.

Probably best getting it scanned, see what the car thinks is faulty.

dennis10

Jan 30, 2018
Thanks for all the replies - The dealer who I bought it from sorted the issue in the end.

They said that they just had to flash it with a new file that they obtained from Seat - does this sound correct to you? Is it possible there was an ECU/module update which fixed a dodgy older version of software on it?

The paddles are now working as they should, I'm just curious as a car enthusiast as I like to know everything about the car I'm driving!

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Very odd. I'm not aware of any software issues with the steering wheel controls.

The facelift DSG models have the paddles as standard so it certainly shouldn't have been a just coding issue.

It would have been interesting to have seen the error codes and module coding before it got fixed.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.