Tailgate Problem

hondated

Dec 13, 2007
Sorry I know this question has been asked before but can someone tell me how to get to the boot mechanism on a Leon FR.

Its obviously a solenoid problem and as the car is just out of warranty, typical, I would like to try and repair it myself.

Having looked at the door from the inside I can see no way of getting to open the door manually but clearly there must be a way because a garage if I don't do it will need to get it open.

All words of wisdom wouild be welcomed.

Co2

May 2, 2007
I've been down that road too. I've got photos wich can help. But to open the boot for now you have a smal oppening on plastic. Insert your key there and push to one side.

The problem probably is humidity. Sometimes that part isn't well fitted and some water enters getting that green stuff over the contacts. A simple cleanig job with wd40, putting things back in place and fitting right and no more problems.

Tomorrow i'll post some pics!

:)

hondated

Dec 13, 2007
Thanks

CO2

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me and for giving me a better understanding of the problem. I would alsp appreciate the photos and if it is easier you can send them to [email protected].
Being saucy now can I ask whether you also know how to remove the plastic panel on the tailgate to gain access to the solenoid if I should need to replace it.

Thanks once again for your help

Ted

Co2

May 2, 2007
Sorry for the delay posting! Couldn't find the pics!

They aren't very good, but they can give you an ideia!

That's the cover taken off. Notice how it is hold by those clamps?

I'm im not in mistake there are only two screws (dont know now if there were more) you have to unbolt. Near the glass. See their holes in the bottom part of the piece?

Take the bolts off, take the lights cover off and pull it. It will come off. Afterwards its an easy job.

That's the problem right there!

:happy:

And this is the SUPER TINY piece that controls the boot mechanism. When the lever passes there it opens the trunk. The backside is what is full of gree goo.

You'll notice a neoprene look-a-like thingy making a seal around the "S", just when reassembling make shure its on the right place and tighten it well. And obviously if you arent to shaby you can also do things differently. Improve the seal for instance. But thats at your discretion. I've done the above mentioned and had no more problems. Doesn't mean that sometime from now on i wont have them again.

:D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.