Anyone fitted sportlines on facelift FR...

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Forgot about updating this after I fitted the sportlines.
It was really easy to be honest as long as you have the right tools.
First the rears don't even need me to comment on, 5 mins maximum for each side.
As for the front, I started by removing the track rod and drop links, the drop link ball joints kept spinning so I ended up butchering them and fitting new ones at £9.50 a side. The bottom ball joint was then separated from the wishbone by removing the 3 securing nuts. I then decided to remove the suspension assembley and hub as a whole. This was done by removing the brake Caliper, undoing the hub axle bolt and the 3 bolts at the top (under the bonnet). I could then pull the drive shaft out the back of the hub and remove the suspension assembly. I was then able to used spring compressors to change springs on the bench.

As for refitting it was just the opposite to removal.

Hope this can help someone else in the future :thumbup:

e4a9u4yn.jpg
byrema3u.jpg
etahejuv.jpg

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Easy for a trained mechanic lol..... To be honest you could do it yourself but you'd need to have a pretty comprehensive selection of tools and be pretty confident and know what your doing lol

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Did you try a shortcut way first is that why you had to replace some parts. I believe your not the only one to hack stuff off when changing these

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Well when the drop links start spinning, you need to hold them using something like mole grips. But as you clamp them it can damage the ball joint boot. So instead of taking my time and taking ages to get them off without damaging them....I just a ripped them off lol for the sake of £18 and knowing you've got brand new ones, it was worth it lol

bree9482

Sep 11, 2013
Glasgow
i put sportslines on mine witht e std 17s then went up to 18s.

No issue with 17s. And only issue i had on 18s was in cumbria on some fairly shitty roads. speed bumps ar no issue i do tend to becareful going over them as got the triple r splitter on too.

Been hunting for this answer for hours lol....

So no issues with 18" wheels and a TRC splitter over speedbumps...?

I know its really old thread, sorry...

BRendan

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.