Brake disc size?!

London49ers

Feb 4, 2018
Other than physically measuring one (which i can't do until I get a replacement locking wheel nut adapter - see my other post!), is there any other way to figure out what size front brake discs I need for ac 2007 (07) 1.9 Altea XL?!
Looking on parts sites, there's 280, 288 or 312! It's not 312, but no idea if it's 280 or 288, and then I need the To find the accompanying pads too.
Cheers for any advice!

Icarus83

Jul 5, 2017
Ome option is: Find your service book and look for the PR code sticker in the front page. Your car should have it stuck in the boot spare tyre well too. (has the VIN, paintcode, engine code etc) and use a PR code translator/decoder (search on Google).
Will give you a list of all the configuration and spec of your car, one will be the brake configuration of your car...... hopefully.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
280mm discs are associated with FS3 brake calipers, 288mm with FN3 calipers.

On the data sheet, option code 1ZF indicates FS3 brakes, 1ZE means FN3. Having said that, my data sheet does not have an option code for the brake type.

The calipers look different, but that's probably not a lot of help. The FN3 is attached to a separate carrier which is bolted to the hub, the FS3 is bolted directly to the hub, but that's not easy to see either. The drawings show that the FN3 bleed nipple, on the inside top of the caliper, is vertical, wheras the FS3 bleed nipple is angled down towards the front of the car. That's not easy to see unless you turn the wheels out with the steering. The FN3 caliper has a prominent spring on the outside which the FS3 does not have. That may be the easiest thing to see.
I have a 54-plate TDI 140 Sport, and it has FN3 calipers and so 288mm discs. I don't know if the XL had any other brake options that the ordinary car did not.

That's the best I can do, I'm afraid.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.