Ghost Immobiliser system

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Hi guys,

not sure if this link will work, but a few people have asked me about the ghost i have fitted to my cupra. I know a lot of you will have already heard of this, or will already have it installed.

This is a quick demo video of how it works

https://youtu.be/oyU1Gp_fF_4

Last edited:

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Hi Glenn,

Very interesting product but their website doesn't give any prices, would you mind giving us a ball park figure?

Also how good was the installer, I know how 'difficult' some canbus systems can be!

Thanks.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
I am the installer mate! :)

I fit them for £399, and they are such a good unit, fitting is reasonably easy. Once I know the make and model it is being fitting to, the unit is programmed and then just added to the original can wiring and hidden inside the harness. Then the customer chooses their code, fills out a small form which goes to Autowatch in case of emergency etc and hey presto.

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Thanks for the info Glenn.

I wonder why it's not more widely known about as it seems such a good idea. I'll certainly spread the word!

What area do you cover?

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
I know what you are saying, I had a client who worked for audi in northampton, he had a new SQ5, and his wife a lovely new RS3... big money sat on the drive. One night he woke up to what he described as "a couple of 16 year old lads in tracksuits" in his bedroom with a small knife, asking for his car keys, wallet and their mobile phones. Obviously he handed them over, with two small kids asleep as well, in that situation i think we all would.
They later found out that the cars had stopped at the BP station at THE END OF HIS STREET and put 29.99 worth of fuel in each of the cars using his contactless card. The balls on these lads.

However, there is nothing that can be done in that situation, you have to just see them as possessions and let the insurers deal with it when it comes to you or your families safety.
With this ghost fitted however, bar someone lifting your car onto a transporter and carting it away (even though it still cant be started), wont be going anywhere, and I think you'd hear that sort of thing happening outside your house...

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
I know what you are saying, I had a client who worked for audi in northampton, he had a new SQ5, and his wife a lovely new RS3... big money sat on the drive. One night he woke up to what he described as "a couple of 16 year old lads in tracksuits" in his bedroom with a small knife, asking for his car keys, wallet and their mobile phones. Obviously he handed them over, with two small kids asleep as well, in that situation i think we all would.
They later found out that the cars had stopped at the BP station at THE END OF HIS STREET and put 29.99 worth of fuel in each of the cars using his contactless card. The balls on these lads.

However, there is nothing that can be done in that situation, you have to just see them as possessions and let the insurers deal with it when it comes to you or your families safety.
With this ghost fitted however, bar someone lifting your car onto a transporter and carting it away (even though it still cant be started), wont be going anywhere, and I think you'd hear that sort of thing happening outside your house...

I think theoldboy means you or your family might be missing body parts unless you give them the code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
I have it on mine after I kitted it up it was drawing too much attention the ghost system is the best thing out there without doubt.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

ukriggers

Desire Cupra ST 4Drive
Jun 19, 2017
Stockport, UK
I have a new Cupra 300 ST 4Drive with KESSY and I was concerned about theft right from the beginning. I wanted something to stop the scroats from taking the car even if they had the key! I came across the Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser and had one fitted. Not cheap but it's brilliant. Take a look on YouTube, you won't want anything else.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.