Seat Extended Warranty

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
My thoughts exactly, I do 25k a year, car is on 40k, if at 60k 6 years old the dsg goes bust is it warranty covered or not. I had a fly wheel fail before and it was classed as wear and tear :cry:
£800 for new flywheel fitted to a dsg box

If you have a read of the T&C - they talk about sudden failure vs gradual failure.

If a brake disc cracked - it would be warranty

If a brake disc wears to its replacement thickness - it is not warranty

Deleted member 98136

What is considered nowadays as the normal yearly mileage ?

I thought it was somewhere around the 12,000 mile mark, but after doing a search, it would appear that about 8000 miles is the norm.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
What is considered nowadays as the normal yearly mileage ?

I thought it was somewhere around the 12,000 mile mark, but after doing a search, it would appear that about 8000 miles is the norm.

When you trade in or sell a car to a dealer it is always over average and when you buy one it is low!

I was told 12k once, last time I asked they told me they go by their price guide with 9k as normal :blink:

Ictman

Jun 8, 2014
Hertfordshire
Has Any body made a claim on the seat extended warranty, I ask as I have an issue with the center brake light not working or very dim, and after talking with the Seat garage and the Warranty company theirs appears to be a gray area as to what the issue is and what will be paid for.

Deleted member 98136

Re my earlier post #6 - When the fault came up I took the car the my local Seat dealer in Norwich. They checked it out and confirmed there was a fault. They said they would contact Seat about my extended warranty claim Then a few days later dealer phoned me to fix a time and date for replacing faulty sensor.

Job done, no problems, I did not have any input in regards to making a claim, my dealer dealt with it all, also I was offered a loan car whilst mine was being fixed but decided just to wait for them to complete job [ took just over an hour ].

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I went for an extra year from new which was £400 I think....

Like with all of these things make sure it covers what you want and need it too.

I remember a 3 series I had was £700 for one years extension!!!

Point to note. I looked at my paperwork today I have extended factory warranty from new AT PURCHASE for 5 years (2 extra) basically extended the factory warranty exactly the same. Cost £439.

This is different to any warranty that is applied AFTER purchase, ie adding or extended warranty, there are two types but overall that sadly covers less.

Last edited:

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Currently having a ball ache getting seat to accept my car for a warranty job on condensation in my rear light. The garrage local to me( seat dealer) states it's cosmetic damage and not covered by extended warranty. I said it's electrical issue she said well it's not at the moment. She was saying that until it fails or causes electrical problems it's not electrical. I'm so pissed off with it all.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Currently having a ball ache getting seat to accept my car for a warranty job on condensation in my rear light. The garrage local to me( seat dealer) states it's cosmetic damage and not covered by extended warranty. I said it's electrical issue she said well it's not at the moment. She was saying that until it fails or causes electrical problems it's not electrical. I'm so pissed off with it all.

I've the same problem for mine, went to SERE Seat in Lisburn and they said they weren't replacing it as it didn't meet the criteria, I've now got it booked into Agnew Seat in Belfast next week and will see what they say, as others have suggested on other threads to try more dealers, I'd say you should do the same too, might as well. However, Agnew Seat said to me when I called up that I'll have to pay a £79 diagnostic fee whereas at SERE they didn't charge me, so be wary that some may charge and others may not.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015

When mine is in for service next Friday they might change it if I am lucky. They have already looked and said until it has had condensation, not just cracks it's not bad enough.

It has since had condensation in and they have opened a warranty claim ready for hopefully ordering one in.

Watch this space.

If all else fails they sell the unit at Euro Car Parts for about £100 with the ever changing discount codes.

Ictman

Jun 8, 2014
Hertfordshire

I had The same Issue Seat Extended Warranty wouldn't cover the cost of a replacement water logged rear Light, I also had an issue with the rear middle brake light wouldn't work or was very Dim This also would not be covered by the warranty as a bulb issue (LED). but after discussions with the dealer they covered the Cost of the brake Light (£47) and cover half the Cost of the water logged rear light (£65), but charge me for labor.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Well today I had my rear light replaced.fitted the criteria, condensation and cracked from the rear pin.

I ly trouble is they haven't fitted it particularly well, or they have changed the size of the units!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise