New Leon FR

robertb24

Mar 17, 2004
North West
My dad has an Altea Sport DSG TDi and is superb to drive. So I would love to have the new Leon with this gearbox in it.

Rob

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
leonlad said:
:roflmao: not an auto fan

manuals are so last year ;)

No - not in the market for a new car! Just thought i'd continue to lead the thread off track, after all that is what the internet appears to be all about!

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
mister.c. said:
No - not in the market for a new car! Just thought i'd continue to lead the thread off track, after all that is what the internet appears to be all about!

too right :clap:

mark antony

Having just spoken to Seat UK customer sevices, neither the petrol or diesel FR will be available with DSG as an option.

I informed them that I would therefore be buying either a VW or Audi as both were available with this option, I suggest that anyone who seriously wants an FR DSG also calls Seat UK and tell's them this, as if enough people do...

M

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
response i got back in march. what are they playing at ? maybe hoping people are gonna buy the manual just in case people are waiting maybe.

In response to your recent e-mail regarding the New SEAT Leon FR, I write to confirm that the release date for this vehicle is intended for July 2006. However this currently is subject to change. A DSG version of the model (with paddles) will be available towards the end of the year (November/December) however it is not yet confirmed if the model will have leather interior as an optional extra.

With regard to the monochrome Satellite Navigation system, this is now available in the UK.

The Smartnav (small display option) is available to order from any SEAT UK main dealer at a cost of £199.00. The part number for this accessory is ZGB1M5056002.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact us contact us on our Freephone Customer Service line 0500 222222 during our office hours of 8.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday or 9.00am - 1.00pm Saturdays.

Kind regards,

Dale Kean

Customer Service Advisor

SEAT Customer Service

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
carl4x4 said:
err, what the heck is "smartnav" and can it be retrofitted ?

smartnav is the system they were giving away with the last of the fr`s

i actually enquired about this
im0002874xm8gi.jpg

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
So is it a sat nav & radio/CD system for £200 ?? I find it hard to believe Seat only want £200 for it !

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
just spoke to customer services

"no dsg option sir , it will never have this option"

no new leon for me :no:

robertb24

Mar 17, 2004
North West
If there is no DSG option then what was the message from Dale at Customer services all about where he mentions the DSG will be available later in the year ??

Rob

mark antony

Smartnav does a great job of diverting you away from traffic which presently no other aftermarket device does, as far as i'm aware - the 200 is just for the screen, the actual smarrtnav is around 500 plus subscription...

As for Dale in customer Services why not call up and ask him, or better still ask to speak to his boss re giving out misinformation...

M

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
i have no idea what dale is on about but i wont be following it up.

if they dont have dsg i will just buy an audi

plenty of good deals on used 140`s s`lines

it`s a shame really that we still dont have the same choices as audi and vw buyers have

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
okay guy`s couldnt help myself but complain

looks like we are getting the fr dsg he would not elaborate if it would be tdi or tfsi im guessing it will be both

here`s the response

In response to your further e-mail, I write to advise that currently there is no DSG model of the Leon FR available. Our product department have advised that the Leon FR DSG should be available towards the end of this year. As this information has not yet been finalised, confirmation of the same would not yet have been filtered out through our dealer network. As such, the dealer network will have no information on such a model being available.

Please contact your local dealer later this year (November/December) when details should be available to our dealerships.

If we can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact us on our Freephone Customer Service line 0500 222222 during our office hours of 8.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday or 9.00am - 1.00pm Saturdays.

Kind regards,

Dale Kean

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise