Adjustable lumbar support

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
Hi all,

I remember the sales brochure showed the 2L TDi sport has aaving Adjustable lumbar support but I realised last night that mine doesn't. Anyone have any idea why it's missing?

Cheers.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Thats odd, my TFSI sport does. Its only on the drivers seat on the other side to the seat rest adjust.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Yep only on the drivers side on my TFSI Sport also. If it's any consolation it doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference to the lumber. It moves the bottom of the seat back forward but not half way up the seat back where the lumber support is really needed !

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
Thanks for the responses, maybe it's only on the TFSI sport then and not the TDi sport. I'm not too worried about it as I find the seat very comfortable as they are, I just noticed it and was wondering if it's normal that it is missing.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
When I first got the car I spent ages fiddling with the lumber support and couldn't decide which setting felt best until it dawned on me to sit in the passenger seat and then set the drivers to mimmic that !!

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
I only got the car a week ago, maybe they have stopped adding it. Does anyone with a TDi sport have it or not have it?

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Iv got the TDI sport model and my drivers seat has the Adjustable lumbar support

I got my car back in November if that makes a difference

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
I take it you are looking on the right side (ie; a second wheel on the door side of the seat) not a lever on the inside of the seat like a lot of manufacturers...

stupid question I know but...

cheeseweasle

yep , my TDI sport has it , got mine start may , but as everyone else you aint missing much

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
Yep I'm looking in the right place :) I wonder if it is an accident that it's missing then. It's got everything else on there expect the adjustable lumbar support.

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
I just had a look on the seat web site neither the newer stylance nor the FR are listed has having it. The both have lumbar support on both the driver and passenger seats just not adjustable, which I've got. So maybe they started to phase it out on the production run. Oh well thanks for the replies, as a few of you have said I'm not missing much so I won't worry about it any more.

Cheers!

postie

Hi sewel,
Got our TDI Sport delivered last friday (9/6/06) and it does have driver/s lumbar support, but as others have said, it don't do too much!

gfunk

Ours was delivered on monday and has it... ditto on the fact it doesn't do anything though!

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
I think it must have been an error in the factory then, I might take it up with the dealer, but the end result I guess would be a new seat just for something that doesn't seem worth having so I might not bother lol.

Cheers for all the replies :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise